Looking for Strapping, need some leads

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racerboy832

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Whenever I get wood from the lumberyard delivered they strap the load together with this green 1 inch nylon strap and it had a metal bent clip that holds it tight. The metal part reminds me of a motorcycle helmet loop when you pull it it stays tight. My plan is to put wood on a pallet with temporary side supports and then put 2 straps on each row. Tighten it down ( I assume there is a tool) and pop off the sides. I want to do this so It goes right from Splitter to, Pallet to inside the house. I figure with the strapping I can stack them too. Does anyone work at a lumber yard and know where this stuff comes from?

Whenever I get wood from the lumberyard delivered they strap the load together with this green 1 inch nylon strap and it had a metal bent clip that holds it tight. The metal part reminds me of a motorcycle helmet loop when you pull it it stays tight. My plan is to put wood on a pallet with temporary side supports and then put 2 straps on each row. Tighten it down ( I assume there is a tool) and pop off the sides. I want to do this so It goes right from Splitter to, Pallet to inside the house. I figure with the strapping I can stack them too. Does anyone work at a lumber yard and know where this stuff comes from?
This guy is local here but industrial supply stores,i.e Mcmaster Carr may have it. Is this waht you are looking for?
Strapping Buckles & Kits

Uline has about everything shipping related. They're not the cheapest place out there, but if you need it, they've got it.

One of the lumber yards near me uses a similar setup but the strap is actually more cloth like. You can re use the strap and the metal binders if you had the tool.
Maybe some cheap ratchet straps? They can be had for a few bucks each and you could re use them, just keep 'em lubed with some fluid film.

It is about $200 for 2000ft of strap, buckles and the tool. I don't need that much but it's how it is sold. My dad has about 20cord of nice wood. I want to split it. Put it Directly on the pallet, Strap it and then stack it with his backhoe. When he needs a load picks it up with the backhoe (Forks)and he put it directly in the Garage. I am going to do the same. I am sick of handling it so many times. Anyone see any flaws in this idea?

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"/>
<title></title>
</head>
<body>
<div class="page" title="Page 1">

</div>
</body>
</html>

http://kubinecstrapping.com/kit.pdf

one problem i could see is if you are strapping the wood before it is dry the straps are going to get loose. i stack my wood on a skid with 2, 4 ft tall 2x4 loops. i stack it tight against the top when wet, once the wood is dry the overal pile drops 4-6 inches from the top of the loop and i have to add wood every time to keep the pile tight to transport. just something to keep in mind

one problem i could see is if you are strapping the wood before it is dry the straps are going to get loose.

I agree.
I stack my firewood around 5 1/2 foot high. Depending on the species, I've had stacks shrink and settle 6-inches in just a couple months. I believe some cheap, medium duty ratchet straps would be much better... so you could re-tighten them every week or two. Loose straps would be the same as no straps.

Yep, that looks like what the lumber yard uses. ^^^^^^^^

It is. They supply the lumber companies and make seat belt material too. They just recently are getting to the consumer end by offering those strapping kits. Once set, the strap can be retensioned with the tool.

I agree.
I stack my firewood around 5 1/2 foot high. Depending on the species, I've had stacks shrink and settle 6-inches in just a couple months. I believe some cheap, medium duty ratchet straps would be much better... so you could re-tighten them every week or two. Loose straps would be the same as no straps.

I was just looking at some of my stacks today and could have sworn someone was stealing off em but I couldn't see any missing.

Never thought they could shrink that much but I bet that is what I was seeing.

one of the guys at the lumber yard saves me the used strapping and clips. all i had to buy was the tool.he brings me a large amount every few weeks and i bring him a case of beer. with an unlimited supply of the stuff i keep finding more uses for it.

Latest posts

Back