Looking for trucks to haul near Rochester Ohio

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mattfr12

The Bulldog
Reaction score
Have one walking floor semi contracted need two more. Doing around 8-10 acres need about 20-25 loads hauled. If interested pm me. I'm having the chippers moved up there next week and want to get some material moved. We can usually fill a trailer in around twenty minutes packed. The closest paper mill is given out around 700$ per load on top of the pay.

Doesn't have to be walking floor the mill can put the truck on a ramp to dump it. If anyone wanting to do this wants a couple extra bucks I need this guy pulled there from our last clearing job.

Air brakes connects to a pintle. Weighs right around 30k.

ba2enyju.jpg

gusere2u.jpg

That looks like a lean mean machine there Matt! Sounds like a big job you got going on there

thanks we can deffinetly chip some brush. We have the 2400xl with the grapple sitting beside it in the picture, the 1900 bandit with 475hp with loader, and a 1990 we feed with my grapple truck. Im actually in the market for a 280xp heavy duty. The disk chippers are the only ones that can pack a 45ft trailer the 2400xl and 1990 only get 75-80%. And when you want a full load since you get paid by weight it starts adding up to a few hundred dollars a trip.

We never thought we would get the job its an hour and a half away but we where the only ones that accepted a 7 day deadline. we only have a 7 day window to remove all the material, thats why we are moving in all the monsters and are looking for more trailers to fill. Im estimating we will fill close to 40 trucks. And move somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.4 million pounds of chips. we have to run around the clock so we need the extra trailers to chip in once the mills close down. I can fill all my trucks up in less than 3-4 hours once everything is skidded to the chippers.

That looks like a lean mean machine there Matt! Sounds like a big job you got going on there

If and when the expo comes back to pittsburgh take a few extra days to come out and see some of this stuff its amazing. that thing will blow the back out of a standard 20 yard chip truck. we picked it up to do gas well roads but keep landing a clearing job from time to time. Its almost 20 years old and still runs like a top, it came off of the tree trader last year. I couldn't swing a new one a 20 year old one was almost 100k.

gets some pretty cool reactions when we drag it out on big residential jobs. people say WTF is that, somewhat limited to what you can tow it with tho i use a semi. the crane has 330hp after i had it turned up and it puts a hurting on it trying to pull it.

Last edited:
Companies in NEO that I can think of that have walking floors: Edwards landclearing, Carlton Yarnell Chipping, Dash Tree Service, Midwest Landclearing. I assume you're gonna be hard pressed to find an idle truck though...

Companies in NEO that I can think of that have walking floors: Edwards landclearing, Carlton Yarnell Chipping, Dash Tree Service, Midwest Landclearing. I assume you're gonna be hard pressed to find an idle truck though...

Dash uses a trucking co right in the same area, think I have the guys phone # around here somewhere. Andy you heard what happened to Dave at Dash didn"t you?

Dash uses a trucking co right in the same area, think I have the guys phone # around here somewhere. Andy you heard what happened to Dave at Dash didn"t you?

Ya, guess he is in coma. I heard he was grinding a stump and a guy dropped a tree on him.....that place has a terrible safety record. Been a few deaths there over the years. How's work goin' for you? Yarnell has dropped off here lately. Have done some nice jobs, but just don't have much work lined up.

Ya, guess he is in coma. I heard he was grinding a stump and a guy dropped a tree on him.....that place has a terrible safety record. Been a few deaths there over the years. How's work goin' for you? Yarnell has dropped off here lately. Have done some nice jobs, but just don't have much work lined up.

I talked to him last week, he's still in the hospital but doing much better. I sub all my land clearing gigs to them. Works going pretty good man, phone has slowed down but still have about a month lined up.

Thanks ill check some of them out. Need the trailers more than trucks, we can move the trailers. If it comes down to it we just rent them but just thought someone might know someone in need of some work.

Hello i dont post here much but this one is close to home lol

Try Weisgarber Trucking out of Massillon they run a fleet of walking floors, roll offs, etc they are mainly used to haul ground up slabwood for mulch but i have seen their trucks near cleveland

Not sure how far away they will run but it is a top notch operation.

Nice looking equipment by the way

Hello i dont post here much but this one is close to home lol

Try Weisgarber Trucking out of Massillon they run a fleet of walking floors, roll offs, etc they are mainly used to haul ground up slabwood for mulch but i have seen their trucks near cleveland

Not sure how far away they will run but it is a top notch operation.

Nice looking equipment by the way

Put in a call to them today looks good. Greatly appriciate the advice on who to use.

$100k for a 20 year old1900? That seems high. Was it a factory reman? New engine?

wasn't quite a 100k. probably 100 after everything was squared away. I cant really remember what it ended up being. Pretty beat ones go for 60-70, It had pretty low hours for a whole tree chipper. Im not even sure on what year it is i would have to run the serial number, we where more worried about condition and not spending over 200g's on one. Just because we only end up using it a few times a year. Got it off the tree trader.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back