Loose tooth.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Reaction score
Over the weekend my nephew and I cut some firewood and like I always try to do, when I got home I started to clean up the saws. When I started to sharpen the chain on one of them, I noticed the first tooth I grabbed was loose. This was the first time out with this chain. When it is mounted on the bar, that is the only one that moves. When the chain is off the saw it feels the same as all the rest. Can the shop fix that one tooth? Should I just run it? I'm just afraid that it will come apart, I don't think I would like that!! It's a Stihl 24" RSC by the way....

Over the weekend my nephew and I cut some firewood and like I always try to do, when I got home I started to clean up the saws. When I started to sharpen the chain on one of them, I noticed the first tooth I grabbed was loose. This was the first time out with this chain. When it is mounted on the bar, that is the only one that moves. When the chain is off the saw it feels the same as all the rest. Can the shop fix that one tooth? Should I just run it? I'm just afraid that it will come apart, I don't think I would like that!! It's a Stihl 24" RSC by the way....

Have someone replace the presets and tie straps in that area. Sounds like one of the tie strap holes is egged out. Or, you could use this as an excuse to get yourself a breaker and spinner and have at.

Sounds like someone needs........some

Sounds like someone needs........some tooth paste :) J/K

I'd get it fixed....we don't want to hear about another chain braking!

Dan

If you have questions about the integrity of the chain, bring it into your local dealer and have them evaluate it/fix it. No point in getting hurt with bum equipment.

Is this common on a new chain or is it something that I might have caused??:confused:

This is not something common on a new chain. You may not have caused it. This is the first time I've heard of this on any chain. Sounds like a fairly rare occurrence, but I would get it looked at and repaired. The last guy, that I'm aware of, who posted about a broken chain said it slapped him in the back of the hand (saved by gloves).

If you have questions about the integrity of the chain, bring it into your local dealer and have them evaluate it/fix it. No point in getting hurt with bum equipment.

It will go to be fixed in the morning.....thanks guys!
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back