lopi revere

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

supersammy

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I currently have a lopi answer in a prefab fireplace unit, but the firebox is very small and it seems like I am always loading it. The answer also has a hard time heating the entire 1800sq/ft house. Do they make a larger unit (any brand)that will fit in a prefab fireplace. I looked at the lopi web site but the larger freedom inserts require a masonry fireplace. I looked at the lopi revere, but its not much bigger that what I have.

Does it make sense to upgrade the current insert to the revere or should I stay with what I have?

Revere

I currently have a lopi answer in a prefab fireplace unit, but the firebox is very small and it seems like I am always loading it. The answer also has a hard time heating the entire 1800sq/ft house. Do they make a larger unit (any brand)that will fit in a prefab fireplace. I looked at the lopi web site but the larger freedom inserts require a masonry fireplace. I looked at the lopi revere, but its not much bigger that what I have.

Does it make sense to upgrade the current insert to the revere or should I stay with what I have?

I have been running an Revere for about 8 yrs. 4-5 Hr burn times. Depending on wood burned and sometimes decent amount of coals left.

Never new about this site until a few month's ago.

I would keep your Lopi Answer. Not sure that you would see any real gain in an Revere.

The Revere does it job for the living room / kitchen area that it is inserted into an existing fireplace. I had to cut out a wood mantel and ran brick up to the ceiling and installed an stone mantel. It can heat the one room, but I can't get the heat to the whole house in my situation.

That is what is nice about this site. Lot's of different set up's for different situations and $.

I would steer you towards something that get's you connected into the furnace. A furnace ad on. Or OWB if you have the time and $.

I am just working with an existing house and a Wife and Kids that have grown up around the fireplace in the winter. Around 75 deg F right now. In the living room with a modest fire going. 13 deg F outside right now.

I don't have a way to get into the Heating and AC duct work from where the fireplace is located. Maybe you due. A Nice thread on an New Englander posting today for a way to heat to the whole house with an ad on to existing furnace.

Keep asking questions.

;-)

:greenchainsaw:

The revere will put out a bit more heat with a bit longer burn time due to the larger fire box, but I don't think you will see a BIG improvement in the heat out put.

I know I have to use small fans to get my heat throughout my house, sometimes it's just the design of the house that traps the heat in one room. If you haven't been yet ********** has some good forums that may help.

Latest posts

Back