Lost HP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no they are capable of 4 horse but that choked out muffler only allows 3.0 :hmm3grin2orange:

I agree, I have the like new 310 that was give to us and a CS56 John Deere/Efco. The 310 at 4hp and the JD at 4.1, it's like night and day. The green saw is a much better performing saw, both are dead stock. The 310 is running a 18" with 3/8 the CS56 running a 20" .325.
I've read to really get the 310 where it should be it needs muffler modded.
I'm just going to trade this one in on another 346xp.

Troll says the ratings have been independently verified. some doubt the veracity of this testing, but i don't see why it apply only to this series of saws. what i do think is that this series' powerband is more narrow than some and if you don't keep it in the sweet spot, the power drops off quickly.
as others have mentioned, there is a lot of potential in that muffler. my MM 310 is as fast as my stock 361.

That's why I was wondering where the HP went, when I was running it I'm thinking my 50cc Echo cuts faster in fact I'd bet a couple cases of gtood beer on that. Steve

Last edited:
I clean mine regularly (every tank) and the saw is only 2 months old. It doesn't feel like 4hp though. What should 4 hp feel like??

Back