Lost in the Stihl parts number jungle [transport guard for 250-3 Brush Knife]

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elric

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I want to get a transport guard for the 250-3 Brush Knife. What the heck is the Stihl part number?

Well, I settled on an FS 131 Brush Cutter. 250-3 brush knife. Six pack of oil.

Something struck me, Stihl is working hard to segment every aspect of purchasing from each other. Already knew Stihl wasn't cheap, but IMHO being treated like a.. Noob is insult added to injury. Dealer spent at least 5 minutes searching for a mesh face shield. Turns out Stihl had changed how it came, and you needed to buy more parts.

Stihl is way past anything I've encountered yet. This is after nearly three decades of service, with three separate opportunities to enjoy substitutions in unit property books... Big difference is that the military publishes and distributes mind numbing detailed references for every ILO and substitution that exists, while Stihl can't even tell you the arbor size of a brush cutter. You simply trot in to your Stihl dealer, bend over the counter, spread your wallet wide open, and...

But... the scum de la scum. Stihl sells pre-mixed fuel by the quart. Over $40 a quart. Wow, I can store it for up to five years... I bought a six-pack of oil instead.

It's not just Stihl, but admittedly they are a bit confusing with so many similar yet incompatible models. I find everything is steadily being "dumbed" down because there are a lot of dumb people and the more competent and informed you are the more you will suffer in a system designed to accommodate and coddle the massive herd of single digit IQ people. Our society seems to be increasingly designed around idiots, thieves and con artists while everyone else has to just put up with the nonsense. This is probably part of why people who are a member of MENSA tested as more likely to suffer from various forms of depression, at least according to one study I read.

And are you sure it was $40/quart because locally, in expensive CA, the worst I've seen was $40/gallon?

Latest posts

Back