Lots of wood today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ronaldo

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
New experience for me today. Local logger needed some help bucking logs on the landing. Rounded up 6 guys to help - logger said he had approx. 100,000 board feet of soft maple and some ash. I usually just cut firewood and some bigger pieces, but nothing like I experienced today.

Saws in use today:
Husky 372XP
Husky 272XP
Dolmar 7900
Jonsered 2077
Husky 562XP
Husky 359 (my saw, the smallest of the bunch)

The logger uses Jonsereds almost exclusively. He has two 2186's and was trying out his brand new 2188 today. We started about 7:30 am and completed the bucking by 1:30 pm. Had a lot of fun and all saws ran well and no one got hurt. Very successful day!

Ron

View attachment 220342View attachment 220343View attachment 220344View attachment 220346

That IS a lot of wood. Good on ya for choppin it shorter. It would have been a while longer if you were bucking it to 16" and had to split it too...

Looks like a nice pile of saw logs there. I wish I had pile of that to cut on myself.:cool2:

Yes Mark, we have lost quite a bit of snow the last several days. Not having snow to walk through and snow to cover the ground sure made it easier-especially easier to see just where the end of the bar is when getting close to the DIRT!
A little stiff this morning---must have some muscles that are not accustomed to this type of fun.

Ron

Cool! Sounds like you had a bunch of fun! :blob2:

Sure sounds a bit easier than firewood cutting since the 'rounds' aren't so short...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My brother invited me to help out on a tree removal project, 100+ large oak trees with long straight trunks, only had to cut and haul stuff over 8" dimater the rest the city was going to clean up...I get stuck out of the country for the weekend. They have all kinds of big trucks and equipment (track hoe, etc.) to deal with loading the large, long trunks for later sawing.

Mark

My brother invited me to help out on a tree removal project, 100+ large oak trees with long straight trunks, only had to cut and haul stuff over 8" dimater the rest the city was going to clean up...I get stuck out of the country for the weekend. They have all kinds of big trucks and equipment (track hoe, etc.) to deal with loading the large, long trunks for later sawing.

Mark

That'd have been a hoot Mark. 100+ large, straight oaks, and you don't have to deal with brush.............AND they'd load the big wood for you? Wow...:msp_thumbup:

Nice pics,sure beats my weekend no sawing just splitting with the x27.

i worked for this loggers dad 2 winters running the skidder. that was a few years back! even at that i have never seen that many logs out in a field. i had the 32in bar on the 372 but with the logs so close to each other it was hard to tell where the nose was so i put the 24 back on,much better! it was a blast, and got $ to have so much fun! he said he would have that much more pulled out by next weekend,wow! dont know if able to go back and do it again or not.

No one used the triple five? Must have been to busy getting Mike out if a pinch to notice:rolleyes:

Many fine running saws and good people

Latest posts

Back