Love The Log Arch

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1999HarleyRN

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
We finally got to try out the new log arch a couple weekends ago. It works great! Since I took these pics a few weeks ago our log pile has grown with more maple, oak, birch, and a nice beech. Now that the splitter is up and running again, with the new Harbor Freight motor, (pics to come) we will start bucking and splitting tomorrow. Hopefully will have more to post soon.
View attachment 190043View attachment 190044View attachment 190045View attachment 190046

Spliter pics

As promised some pics of the splitter repower. I bought this of a neighbor of my folks about 20 years ago, at that time it was probably 15 or more years old. Obviously its a home-built, not fancy but does the job. I don't have any specifics on the pump other than it is a Cessna. I affectionately call the splitter the "Pig", its always been called that...could you help me move this pig; come on start you pig f*****; this thing runs like a pig; etc. Last year it struggled thru about 25 face cords. We'll see how it does with the repower.
View attachment 190047
View attachment 190048
View attachment 190049

My log arch ( Log Rite ATV arch ) has saved me many many back breaking hours and less $$ on labor.

Your arch is going to give you years of great service!!

Kevin

man, that's another one of those

...those "every boy *needs* one" things. Approx how heavy/big of a log can you tote reasonably with your tractor and arch?

Hey.... I know that engine! I have one just like it. I look forward to your report on how it performs! I do have one guestion. How does that engine handle the side load on the crank from the belt? I got mine for direct couple.:confused:

Sorry it has taken so long to post a follow up, dial up at home isn't worth connecting to and the net at work has bee real quirky. Anyways, Zogger, we hauled a 18" by about 20 foot beech log the other day wihtout any problems. That log and one of the maple logs (aprox 28" by 8 foot but kinda hollow) made us have to use 2 hands on the crank, other than that the arch has handled everything we have tried to haul so far. Runandjump, the motor has performed without a hitch! For some reason I can't upload pics of wife and step-daughter-in-law splitting on Sunday. They say it cycles faster than with the old Briggs, and is MUCH quieter. Will keep trying to post the pics.

Back