Low High Jet Adjusting Tool

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BusyBeaver

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've got a new Echo CS400 and am in the process of muffler mod and retuning. After removing the plastic screw limiters, I can now adjust the jet needles. But with the saw running it is hard to keep a screwdriver in the screw slots due to vibration, visibility, and they are in a deep blind hole.
I made a tool (modified screwdriver) to hold the blade in the slot and adjust while the saw is running. I basically just JB welded a thin wall steel tube to a pocket screwdriver with the tip recessed about 1/4". Works good, I'll try to post pics:
In another post, I will detail my de-cat and muffler mods.
BBIMG_4602.JPG IMG_4602.JPG IMG_4603.JPG

I've got a new Echo CS400 and am in the process of muffler mod and retuning. After removing the plastic screw limiters, I can now adjust the jet needles. But with the saw running it is hard to keep a screwdriver in the screw slots due to vibration, visibility, and they are in a deep blind hole.
I made a tool (modified screwdriver) to hold the blade in the slot and adjust while the saw is running. I basically just JB welded a thin wall steel tube to a pocket screwdriver with the tip recessed about 1/4". Works good, I'll try to post pics:
In another post, I will detail my de-cat and muffler mods.
BBView attachment 391071 View attachment 391071 View attachment 391072

Looks good, will work fine. Another thing that can be done is to cut short sections of vacuum line and slip it on over the screw heads, leave a little sticking up and that will guide the tuning screwdriver to the screwhead and keep it there with the saw running.

I wanted to do this, but hadn't been able to find the right size tube. Where did you get the tube you used?

I wanted to do this, but hadn't been able to find the right size tube. Where did you get the tube you used?

It has to be a very thin wall tube. Use whatever you can find. I used an ink refill cartridge for a Paper Mate deluxe ball point pen. It is strengthened by the JB Weld inside.

BB

Lowe's has some 3/16ths aluminum tubing in very short sections. They are kept, at my lowes, in a drawer near the screws and stuff. There is an other size too. Ask and they should be able to find it.

go to a hobby shop that sells radio control planes,etc.they usually have assortments of brass and aluminum tubes in many sizes and shapes...

Latest posts

Back