Lowe's clearance

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stihl025

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
For those of you in Western PA and surrounding, Lowe's just clearanced their wood stoves by 50%. I was lucky enough to score a Summer's Heat (Englander) 30NC for $549.99 at 6:15 AM this morning. Going to pick it up right now...

For those of you in Western PA and surrounding, Lowe's just clearanced their wood stoves by 50%. I was lucky enough to score a Summer's Heat (Englander) 30NC for $549.99 at 6:15 AM this morning. Going to pick it up right now...

Shhhhh!!! I'm waiting for the same stove to get marked down 75% at my local Lowes!!! J/k...It was down to 25% off the last time I was in but I'm sure it's down to 50% now. It's wedged in between a couple of chintzy chimeneas and fake electric wood stoves so I was hoping it would languish in obscurity until I could snatch it up at a ridiculous discount. Of course I don't know where the hell I'd put it since I just bought an Englander add-on furnace that will heat my entire house, garage, and then some!

Wonder if they will ship to another store?

I doubt they'd ship clearance items as once stuff it out of season they just mark it down until it sells. I bought all of my Christmas lights at Lowes this year during the first week of December and everything was 60-75% off already! I got $300 worth of lights for just shy of $100.

Do they ever discount their log splitters?

Not a chance.Our local Lowes has had a hard time keeping them in stock since October. Had a waiting list for em for a short period of time right after Thanksgiving.
Why folks wait until its cold until the start worrying about firewood, I have no idea, but our local area is full of em.

Not a chance.Our local Lowes has had a hard time keeping them in stock since October. Had a waiting list for em for a short period of time right after Thanksgiving.
Why folks wait until its cold until the start worrying about firewood, I have no idea, but our local area is full of em.

i beg to differ ;) just picked up the Troy Bilt 33 ton for $1,500.00 from my local lowes

it was marked down from $2,200 to $1,795. the next day i called and asked for the "seasonal mgr" I asked if they would sell it for $1,500 i'd come down and buy it right now

it's sitting in the garage right now waiting for warmer splitting weather

Last edited:
Blech, MTD.

Thanks for the informative post do you have any evidence to suggest that.. –
I split maybe 4 cord a year at most so I don’t need a timberwolf

bet you didn't know this one is made in America and has a pro grade Honda engine

here ya go

The Troy-Bilt 33 Ton you are looking at IS NOT an MTD.
These units are built by Troy-Bilt and are sold by a different dealer stream than the MTD units. You will not find this unit in the big box stores. This may not be true in the future as MTD changes operations.
There are some Troy-Bilt labeled MTD's but this is not one of them.
The Troy-Bilt is an excellent unit that blows the other two away quality wise.
The Honda 8HP COMMERCIAL motor alone is a major point vs the other consumer grade power plants. With a 33 ton rated 5" cylinder, I have split cords and cords of 36" red oak rounds and all kinds of gnarly crotchwood with out a single incident of bogging. The diamond plate fenders are strong enough to stand on, the lights are protected by a heavy steel plate, and the horizontal/vertical transition is pretty much effortless. Total Quality
I own one and would pit it against anything else out there.

As far as the other MTD units go, or Northern Tool for that matter,
I dont know who "most everyone" is, but I'd be willing to bet it's not more than 2 or 3 posters with personal ?????es. I'm sure there are plenty of folks who are using these brands and are quite satisfied.

Oh and some reviews

http://www.amazon.com/review/produc...cm_cr_acr_txt?_encoding=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

my daughter had a englander, and i hated the way you had to rake the ashes into a little hole. just seamed to be a pita. my .02. kevin

my daughter had a englander, and i hated the way you had to rake the ashes into a little hole. just seamed to be a pita. my .02. kevin

i have one to and i dont even bother with the little hole anymore. at first i though it was cool but it is so much easiser to just shovel them out the door. that way they dont build up in the pan underneath either.

thats i nice price, i paid around 800 5 years ago for mine and it is used to heat my house solely in the winter.

been watching mine for a splitter too. they had a 33ton marked down to 1795 as well, but it was gone the next time i was there.

last year i scored some gaterade that was close to the expiration date. They were sellling 24-8oz bottles for 5 bucks. I started loaded a couple into my carrage when the guy comes over and askes if id like those 2 for 1. Said sure. i should have bought the whole pallet, but 10 cases was enough.

i bought my englander i guess thats what it was pita hole in the bottom .on clearence in may for 299.99 and the blower for 39.99 used it 2 years hated it sold it on ebay back in oct. for 500.00 decent stove just got tired of loading it. f

this past summer bought 2 36" zero clearance fireplaces for 52.00 each
those fancy little screens that sit in front of fireplace regular 139.00 bought 18 of em for 15.00 each
termantion caps for top of chimneys regular 59.00 for 8.00 bought all 10
all went on ebay and are long gone.

but my favorite lowes deal was when i bought 4 l.p. regulators with pigtail reg. price 44.98 on clerance for 8.99 then stoped at different lowes on way home returned them got reg price back on gift card bought that fancy dewalt saw ive been wanting.

Englander

I have the same stove, got it for 40% off last yr. Same here I don't bother w/ that little ash port. I just shovel it out. I can load it w/ 5-8 logs and get a pretty good burn time. Probably about at least 5 1/2 hrs w/some good seasoned hardwood. Pumps out some serious heat! The only thing that bothers my wife not me is when you open the door to fast a plume of smoke will rush out. She will smell it within 5 seconds. She complains about it, and she's a smoker! What the :censored: ? But you don't complain about the $$$ we save on heating our house. A very decent stove for the money. Just have a buddy w/ you when you load that thing, you can easily break your foot in a split second.
i have one to and i dont even bother with the little hole anymore. at first i though it was cool but it is so much easiser to just shovel them out the door. that way they dont build up in the pan underneath either.

thats i nice price, i paid around 800 5 years ago for mine and it is used to heat my house solely in the winter.

but my favorite lowes deal was when i bought 4 l.p. regulators with pigtail reg. price 44.98 on clerance for 8.99 then stoped at different lowes on way home returned them got reg price back on gift card bought that fancy dewalt saw ive been wanting.

that can get you in some trouble if they catch you.......

i can get some great burn times with my stove. i leave for work at 7:30 and i have no problem getting a fire going again by stoking the coals at 5:30 when i get home.

i know what you mean about opening it to fast i just thought that was how woodstoves are since any i have used or owned did that.

I just bought a new Englander/summers heat NC13 at my local lowes store for 300 bucks even on clearance ,i feel like i stole it for that price ,it was 800 then their 50% off down to 400 then the unit also was slightly damaged so they knocked a hundred bucks off tha tprice ,basicly it had a little dent in the back shield that i straightend out in like 5 minutes :clap: at this price i figured i should have bought 2

Last edited:
Just got back from picking up the lumber to replace my wood shed. Troybilt 33 ton splitter, orig $2149 marked down to $1600, hmmmmm.

at the lowes in hermitage pa. they had a troy built large splitter i saw for 1,299 ,one looked like it had rust on the ram and needed a bit of cleaning ,it was marked downto 1,000 but someone bought it as it had sold tag on it .there were others with briggs motors on them for 750 there too

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back