LR (logsplitter report) Yard Man 25 ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just used the neighbors splitter, took 4hrs to do 1/2cord of straight red oak, even with the bs breaks, that is just way too long. At first, I thought it was slow due to cold fluids, but it was slow all the time, and the engine was at full throttle, 30seconds for a full cycle, slower if it was held up in a tougher piece.

For a homeowner, spacing the work out over weekends and months, 5cords or less per season, its probably fine, and if you had a second person helping, they would get bored quick from waiting all the time, but I'd go nuts running that thing for the wood I do.

Yard Machines, MTD
6.0 B/S I/C
20Ton

got to add the chainsaw pics. - 026

The only thing missing is the chainsaw, got to add the chainsaw pics.
026 bought new a few years back.......;-)
PB230079.jpg

PB230080.jpg

PB230081.jpg

PB230082.jpg

Returned borrowed splitter today.

Overall pretty happy with the unit vs splitting by hand!

Comment about tires in the way, had to check that out first thing this morning and they don't stick out all that far, but you are going to straddle the one to split wood.

Engine and muffler are on other side. No problem with fumes.

Plastic fenders, logs roll off.

No Lights on the trailer for towing. Not really sure what IL needs on splitters.

Working height could be a tad higher.

Log catchers on sides of rail have holes pre drilled for attachment, table?

Occasional splitting this weekend, have a couple of cords put away for now.

Still looking around for splitter for myself, now I know a little of what to look for.

Thanks for all the comments.

Pics of wood log pile, delivered by a tree service a few years ago. Mixed wood.
026 cutting to 16" sections.
Logun 4 yr Old Black Lab

Back