Lucky Find...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loadthestove

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Was talking with my great uncle today about the splitter I'm building(He owns a Hydraulic/machine shop) .We were talking about how big A motor I would need to pull the pump .He recommend That I use at least a 12-14 horsepower for my design.He then told me ,,I have a perfectly good 16 horsepower Kohler side shaft sitting in the back,and now for the lucky part,He said you have helped me out several times,so I'll just give you the motor.

It is an older model but is completely ready to go,still has the starter/generator mounted on it..

Last edited:
Christmas Present

What a lucky fellow you are just at Christmas time too. Keep us up up-to-date about your new splitter you are building.

Nosmo

Old Kohlers

Is it an old K series kohler? if it is, that is one darn good engine, they don't make them that way anymore!! Darn near bulletproof. good find!!

Picked it up today

Picked motor up from my uncle today.he then informed that the engine has a new rod,piston rings and a new carb .so he had run it about four hours since the overhaul and it had been sitting in the back of his garage waitng for someone to put it to good use.

Latest posts

Back