Lychee wood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pastryguyhawaii

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I cut down this tree about a year and a half ago so this is my first piece with it. I remember this board didn't impress me as anything special when I cut it. It's just been finished with mineral oil as it's a cutting/serving board. It's extremely dense and heavy, I can't wait to finish the grain that looked good freshly cut.
attachment.php

attachment.php

I cut down this tree about a year and a half ago so this is my first piece with it. I remember this board didn't impress me as anything special when I cut it. It's just been finished with mineral oil as it's a cutting/serving board. It's extremely dense and heavy, I can't wait to finish the grain that looked good freshly cut.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Nice! If it was blue it would look like the seawater there.

nice wood me likey,lol. how did you get your mineral oil to gloss up ,mine at best gets satiny.

This wood is just different. The mineral oil didn't soak in as usual. It looks and feels like glass. I'm finishing up one project now then I'm going to make a table with a piece that has a very interesting grain. I can't wait!
Another interesting thing. It's keeping the pink color which usually darkens with the mineral oil on other woods I've worked with.

Last edited:
Wow!

That is a beautiful piece of wood you got there!
You sure make some beautiful stuff.
We finally got the shop built, but it has been so cooolllddd!
I have some candle holders I'm trying to finish up for Christmas.

That is a beautiful piece of wood you got there!
You sure make some beautiful stuff.
We finally got the shop built, but it has been so cooolllddd!
I have some candle holders I'm trying to finish up for Christmas.

Hi Mntaingal. Haven't heard from you in a while. Thanks, this lychee was a pleasant surprise. Is the shop for you to work in? That would be nice. Post some pictures when you're finished with the candle holders.

Yeah I have been busy, so haven't really been on here alot lately.
Yes the shop is to work in and I will post some pics when I get done.
Keep up the good work.
I hope that we can make it over there someday and meet you and see all of your cool stuff.

Back