Mac 125 Competiton saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a cherry!

ebay.jpg

Thanks Dennis. BTW I dont see a decomp on your Mac, do you start it strong arm? Is that pipe similar to mine? How much does one lose by going with a smaller header type of exhaust. Just seems it would be a little less unwieldly.
Mark

If you've seen Dennis you'll know he's been starting high compression saws for years, the man is a real life brush ape.

The pipe adds a lot, your saw wouldn't be competitive without it.

Thanks Dennis. BTW I dont see a decomp on your Mac, do you start it strong arm? Is that pipe similar to mine? How much does one lose by going with a smaller header type of exhaust. Just seems it would be a little less unwieldly.
Mark

If I were cold start racing with that saw it would have a compression release. Since I'm not, I think keeping the combustion chamber clear of a threaded hole and compression release is a better situation. They do make it easier to start though. Like JJ said, the pipe adds 20/30% more power.:cheers:

That was a very fast cut on a big log. The more I look at the Mac kart engines the more I am about to give up on the benders.

Bill

Well......What's everybody think? Can the old mac's run with the modern big saws of today in a big cut?

A few more pics as requested. It does have a removeable head. I meant that the head is ported full around (full circle). It also has a shaved flywheel.

That is a kart motor.....you would have to measure the bore for me to guess which but it does have the factory boost ports (factory 9 port) so it is either a late 9X or a 101X.

You do have room for improvement in the intake and carb and then further matching on the pipe but I bet you will be quite impressed with the saw as it is.

Hey Dennis........got a pic of your reed cage on the HD carbed saw?

Hey Dennis........got a pic of your reed cage on the HD carbed saw?

No picture....it's a V-12 reed block with a burris mikuni, not an HD Tillotson. It had twin HL's when I first got it which actully set up better on the V-12reed block. Short header with a spun kart pipe. At one time it was a National winner, supposedly dyno'ed at 22hp.....Take the 22hp with a grain of salt.

Latest posts

Back