Mac 125 Competiton saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No picture....it's a V-12 reed block with a burris mikuni, not an HD Tillotson. It had twin HL's when I first got it which actully set up better on the V-12reed block. Short header with a spun kart pipe. At one time it was a National winner, supposedly dyno'ed at 22hp.....Take the 22hp with a grain of salt.

Would that be this saw. HAHA
I own the old kart that Dennis was talking about.

And it is on ebay this week.

Would that be this saw. HAHA
I own the old kart that Dennis was talking about.

And it is on ebay this week.

MacDaddy....No, the 101 Mac you own was a different saw. It was a fast saw but it didn't have a full-circle crank like the one I have now.

Here is a picture from 1984 of my brother Dennis Holmen competiting with his Mac 101 at the Prince Albert , Saskatchewan Winter Festival here in Canada. The day of this competition it was -41 F. below , talk about survivor series!At -40F saws get good hp [more dense oxygen in air]

His time was 5.13 sec. [cold start, 3 cuts all down within 6" of log] in a 10"x10" frozen spruce log. This was 1 of 3 saws that came to our neck of the woods from Bob Walker of Walkers Saw Shop in B.C. [Walkersized]. Its stinger is inverted inside the pipe.

Last edited:
In the last posts picture I displayed notice the guy behind Dennis with the sunglasses and grey beard ,thats Gary Walrath of Iron Horse hotsaw fame.Gary being a PNW man didn't feel comfortable running his own hotsaw in -40.

Willard:greenchainsaw:

HolmenTree....Even run up againist Jim Taylor or Doc Parrot back in the day?

scan0002-2.jpg

scan0001-2.jpg

I can't say for certain but Jim Taylor sure sounds familar. May have competed with him up at Sayward on Vancouver Island ,B.C. I never ran the Macs but my brothers Dennis 60 yr and Cliff 62 might have met Jim and Doc because they both had 101s and have been around about 10 more yrs then me.
Interesting note here. In 1972 Woodsmen's Carnival in Galeton,Pa.,introduces an unlimited chain saw event,[ the grand daddy of hotsaw competitions.]

Willard:greenchainsaw:

sp 125

hello dennis cannon what more power dyno exact rpm y hp?mac daddy dies your saw make 22hp?is possible?dennis your saw what makes hp y rpm?is possible tuned desarolled more power 30 hp or is much?dual carb alcohol nitro fuel racing v12reedblock compression 200psi.exist spare parts genuine mcculloch for crankshaft pistons conrods clutch flywells pipes manufactureds from your dennis thanks for attemption dennis good day:cheers:

Keihin, what is your point?

The SP125 will not make 30 HP.

The SP125 will not make 22 HP.

Spare parts are rare.

You are bothering Dennis and Mac Daddy.

If you want 30 HP, build a bikesaw.

Here's Jim Taylor making a big fast cut with a real good mac with a muffler. You tell me if that saw will run with a 3120 or 088.

Thats freaking un real!!!!!!!!

Great post,,,

Keihin, what is your point?

The SP125 will not make 30 HP.

The SP125 will not make 22 HP.

Spare parts are rare.

You are bothering Dennis and Mac Daddy.

If you want 30 HP, build a bikesaw.

Yeah,,,, Keihin,,,, whats your point Pinhead?????? ####,,,, Stoooo pid!!!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back