Mac 35 rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zipster

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm back, rebuilding a old mac 35 or 35A can't tell the difference. I looked above the gas cap it just has serial # which is 79713B. Don't know how to post pics yet. Found ipl for 35A ever thing seams to match it. Does anyone know what kind of carb this is and where to find the kit for it, i tried looking up the part # off of the ipl no luck. Any help would great and appreciated, thanks in advance.

The carburetor is unique to that saw, produced by McCulloch.

I have a few of the diaphragms (NOS) is everything else is in good shape. I may have some of the seals and o-rings for the primer as well if you find you need something.

Adjusting the carburetor on those models is not like any other.

McCullochSection7FuelSystemServi-2.jpg

McCullochSection7FuelSystemServi-1.jpg

McCullochSection7FuelSystemService_.jpg

Note that the prime on those models puts a charge of fuel mix directly in the crankcase and not through the carburetor.

Mark

Hey Mark thats a big help, don,t no for sure what i will need, the saw seems to be all there took the muffler off looks good no scoring good compression. Cleaned points and has good spark now.If i need.something i will get back with you. Hope to learn how to post pictures. Thanks again.

Diafram and gasket look good, getting 60 years of crud off of everything right now will see if i can get it to rum in next few days. Will try and post a picture, granddaughter said she will show me how. Sure is a wierd carb. Mike

Back