mac 3816 oiler issue

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger1

Reaction score
hello,
being the new guy on the block sorry to start out with a question right out of the chute. searched the posts here but unable to find an answer to my dilemma.
just inherited a mac3816 for free. really dirty and took awhile to clean up. after getting it cleaned up, started on second pull to my surprise! it appears that the automatic oiler works too good. i know...too much is better than not enough. after running for only a short time to get it started, had to set it down on a rag due to the oil seeping down the side of the housing. plenty of oil on the chain and bar as well. most of the the initial cleanup was getting the excess oil off the bar and housing.

question: is there an adjustment screw for the automatic oiler or is it preset? is this the nature of this model to pump lots of oil?
saw info: mac 3816, 38cc, model# 600038-77, year 1996

have no owners manual and can't find one online but downloaded a parts list. any help is appreciated. thanks!

Latest posts

Back