Mac 5-10 carb question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thombat4

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So guys I bought this old Mac 5-10 off craigslist a week ago for a hefty $10 along with the little Craftsman 2.0 for another $10. After cleaning them both up really good I got the Craftsman running nicely within a couple hours. All it needed was a fuel line and a good carb cleaning. The Mac I can get it to burp when primed but that's about it so far. This bullfrog type carb is something I've never seen the likes of before. Seems to be a pretty straightforward design nevertheless I believe therein lies the problem. When I took it apart the gaskets and diaphragms all appear to be intact and functional and the carb body itself was relatively clean considering the age and condition of the saw. However, one thing that stood out was a gob of very sticky goo that from previous experience looked like the remains of what could have been a duckbill valve. Is that in fact what it was? Is there a picture of what the inside of what these carbs is supposed to look like? I have nothing I can use for reference. Thanks for any help:rock:

Attachments

• 510a.jpg
    510a.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 510b.jpg
    510b.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 510c.jpg
    510c.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 5
  • craftsman2a.jpg
    craftsman2a.jpg