Mac Double Eagle 80

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Madsaw

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Got a chance at one of these saws. Just kind of wondering what they are worth. Its in good running shape wearing a 20 inch bar. Starts easy and cuts great. If I pass on it is anyone else looking for one.
Bob

A very cool saw. Actually McCullochs last true falling saw. A never used one sold on ebay for over $800 a couple weeks ago. Get it!!!

Mac 80 Double Eagle

A very cool saw. Actually McCullochs last true falling saw. A never used one sold on ebay for over $800 a couple weeks ago. Get it!!!

Say, just for the heckuv it, how does the Mac 80 compare with the 610 and 650 of years gone by? My 610 refuses to die and might like to see a younger big brother some time.

I looked on mike's. Listed as a 82 cc saw up to a 32 inch bar. Made from 1985 to 1990. Weighted in about 17.5 lbs
Bob

Say, just for the heckuv it, how does the Mac 80 compare with the 610 and 650 of years gone by? My 610 refuses to die and might like to see a younger big brother some time.

The 80 is like the ProMac 700 and its bretheren. An all magnesium pro only model.

I know someone who has one of those saws that is still brand new, i might see if he wants me to list it on ebay if it can go for that kind of money!!!!
thanks for sharing that....Mike

I have the last version of that saw which is the Pro Mac 8200 they are a saw to reckon with! Not in the weight dept. but in performance they can get it done even by todays standards!

well i got him to agree to let me sell the double eagle 80 on fleabay.
saw is brand new, never had gas put in it with a 20" bar and chain.
listing tonight...lets see how it goes!!!!! Mike

Latest posts

Back