Mac fuel lines

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alpinecrick

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I've bought a number of fuel lines for my 70's era Mac's over the past year. Some have shrunk and become brittle, others didn't fit tightly where they pass through the fuel tank wall and leak right out of the box--I just wish I could remember what brand they were. A few I know were Stens, but others were no name stuff (I'm beginning to suspect all of the recent aftermarket fuel lines are Chinese:mad: ) And yes, all our pump gas is 10% ethanol out here.

Meanwhile, my original McCulloch fuel lines don't care if I run ethanol blend gas or dirt through them, they stay soft and pliable, and work just fine--some have been in the saws for years. Avgas ain't usually an option for me--I'm' too far from an airport.

Any of you guys restoring old Macs had this problem?

Anybody got a source for fuel lines for the Puper Pros, 10-10's PM55's, etc?

Appreciate any info or suggestions.

Thanks, Casey

Last edited:
Yup, the Stens seem to be better. I had a no name go brittle in the plastic bag. Never seen gas of anykind! :censored:

There are still some NOS McCulloch parts out there as well, Bob Johnson, Fayetteville Equipment, and Discount Marine come to mind.

If you have problems with them leaking where they pass through the tank, a few wraps of teflon tape will usually do the trick. You can even find yellow tape if you want to keep it color coordinated.

Mark

There are still some NOS McCulloch parts out there as well, Bob Johnson, Fayetteville Equipment, and Discount Marine come to mind.

If you have problems with them leaking where they pass through the tank, a few wraps of teflon tape will usually do the trick. You can even find yellow tape if you want to keep it color coordinated.

Mark

Now why didn't I think of teflon......?

Thanks Mark,

Casey

Mark

Yep that worked for me very well on that SP60 that was being a PITA and leaking.

Mark

good idea!

I have been buying the stens lines for all my 10 series saws, they fit tight in the tank, but I did get on that had a pin hole in it. It took me a while to figure that one out. Just make sure that they don't have any holes in them before you install them.

Also the oem fuel lines have a spring in them to keep them from collapsing where it bends to connect to the carb. The aftermarket lines dont have this and can be a pita trying to keep them from collapsing in a bend.

Latest posts

Back