mac SP105, need help with oiler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joeymt33

I bleed YELLOW!
Reaction score
I just got the saw running and i have noticed that there isn't much oil getting on the b/c. I have removed the bar and chain and started the saw and oil shoots out of the hole very well. my question is, how does oil get on the chain if it comes out behind the bar plate and bar. when the bar is tightened, it doesn't leave much room at all for the oil to come out. it just barely seeps out around the bar plates and runs down to the chain going into the sprocket.

thanks

It passes thru the bar plate and into the bar adjuster slot which is open to the chain groove. Some older bars have separate oiler and adjuster holes but the idea is the same. Are you using the right bar and bar plates?

Chris B.

I blasted all of it and powder coated it in one day. the next day i got it going.

attachment.php

i live in guntersville AL where we got hit by the storm last week. i worked this saw pretty good today and will keep doing so for a while i hope.

I blasted all of it and powder coated it in one day. the next day i got it going.

attachment.php

Nice saw. I tried to buy one of these off eBay and ended up with two saws but both turned out to be 125s. It is great to see that not only do you have a great saw to see but you are also using it.

Our prayers are with you folks in Alabama. We got hit hard with 7 deaths in our county but not nearly as hard as you. Ron

Very nice looking SP105 Joey, you will enjoy running the saw even if the conditions leading up to it were not so pleasant. I like the color scheme you used.

I have a 105 on the bench at home with some oiler issues as well, I think some where I have a mismatch with the holes in the bar, the bar plates, and the spacers.

Next time I get to Guntersville I will try to look you up. I visited Cargill in February this year so I may not be back for some time...

Mark

by the way, anyone know why i can't use a ignition chip on this saw? i've tried two chips and it ruined both of them

The saw sounds as good as it looks joey.

I can't imagine why the chips would fail so quickly unless maybe there was a bad ground connection?

On the other hand, I can't imagine why you would want to replace the points and condenser, in my experience they are very reliable and can be thoroughly analyzed in case of any problems.

Mark

Latest posts

Back