madsens or alamia?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundraotto

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i need to buy a string trimmer (husky for sure) from somewhere and these two are very close on price:

www.alamia.com
www.madsens1.com

which one to use for my saw purchases in the future? (eg. chain, bars, etc.) i recently bought a saw from madsens and havent received it yet - (not their fault at all - ups) but this i did cos they really seem to know and test their saws before shipping. string timmer im not so worried about - what do you guys think? alamia is usually cheaper overall when it comes to saws (does madsens even sell trimmers - no) - madsens knows their s__t - but after purchase - does it make any difference?

PS. maybe for all you guys that hate "to have horses beaten to death" so to speak will have some comments without wasting too much of the limited internet space -:D

Last edited:
No offense, tundraotto, but we have been talking about oil for two weeks and we were oiled out. I bought my 322c Husky trimmer here in Saginaw for $199. Madsen's is a logging place I dont think they have trimmers. The 322 c or 322lc I think it is are both excellent and very very smooth running trimmers, I think the lc has a hair more power, but the 322c I have is never short or left wanting. You made a good choice on the saw because madsen's can do a lot more for you than alamia, but I would get the trimmer from alamia's

Thanks for explaining it so well, Huskyman.
Tundraotto- I apologize if you took offense to my comment, but Huskyman is right. Virtually every saw post in the last couple weeks turned into questions about 2-cycle oil, with everyone saying "Well, what about THIS size/brand saw?".
Someone only asking one or two questions and not reading all the posts wouldn't know. No offense intended. :angel:

I can tell you that Madsens is a very top notch outfit. I stopped at their store on the way to Seattle and their staff was extremely helpful.

Back