Magnesium and American saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fast and ugly with easy access to the rear seat sounds like a couple of ladies I met last time I was in Pittsburgh. :eek:

Russ

brakes last longer if

Dirt Troll, are you using the cluch to down shift rather than eat up brake pads to slow down? I wonder if you consider age of the pads not just the wear when changing them out or if you are going with the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" ? It's not just the way it is built but the way it is driven/ used.

Re: brakes last longer if

Originally posted by geofore
Dirt Troll, are you using the cluch to down shift rather than eat up brake pads to slow down? I wonder if you consider age of the pads not just the wear when changing them out or if you are going with the "If it ain't broke don't fix it" ? It's not just the way it is built but the way it is driven/ used.

No, I'm not a downshifter. Too lazy. I just push in the clutch and hit the break. The Toyota mechanics at the Dealer said you shouldn't have to replace any breaks on my truck unless you go over 250,000. Most people give up on a vehicle and buy something new way before then. I've never had an American vehicle to last over 150,000. They are just slam wore out by then. My truck will probably last another 100,000 and get way over 350k. By then I'll probably get sick of it and get rid of it. But, from here on out unless their product quality changes, I will not spend any money on an American made automobiles. Otherwise, I would be commiting the cardinal sin of wasting my money. When, it should be more properly be wasted on more CHAINSAWS. :D

Latest posts

Back