Maine GTG????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C SAW 090

Extremist Chainsaw Junkie
Reaction score
I was just on youtube watching chainsaw vids and I came across this Maine GTG vid, Bunch of guys standing in a feild with a bunch of random saws cutting cookies for fun. Where and when is this, and how do I get involved in this??

It already happened :D

And hopefully another one, two, three, four.... Will happen this year!

What about a southern maine gtg?

I know abunch of people that would be intrested in a chainsaw gtg. If anyone else is intrested, I could probably find a good place and a big pile of crap logs to destroy. Just a thought,I dont want to step on anyones toes.

I know abunch of people that would be intrested in a chainsaw gtg. If anyone else is intrested, I could probably find a good place and a big pile of crap logs to destroy. Just a thought,I dont want to step on anyones toes.

Yeap MossMan's place up in Livermore Falls.

That was a rockin' time. ::thumbsup::

Sure mang do it!!!! He had his in October and he was talking about another one around the same time.

It doesn't hurt to have more than one. Some people can make some, but not others.

I believe there were plans to have another one in the fall, but nothing is set in stone. If you want to set one up, go right ahead. All people really need is a place to park, a porta-potty or available restroom, and some wood to cut cookies out of. A pot luck lunch seems to work well for food, or it can by BYO. People seem to be pretty flexible.

Actually meeting people in person is always a fun thing.

Whereabouts in Maine are you?

It doesn't hurt to have more than one. Some people can make some, but not others.

I believe there were plans to have another one in the fall, but nothing is set in stone. If you want to set one up, go right ahead. All people really need is a place to park, a porta-potty or available restroom, and some wood to cut cookies out of. A pot luck lunch seems to work well for food, or it can by BYO. People seem to be pretty flexible.

Actually meeting people in person is always a fun thing.

Whereabouts in Maine are you?

Im in york ,its way down south, it would be good for some of the NH guys to. Theres a big feild that we have a big tractor show in every year in eliot,im sure some of you guys must have gone. I can talk to them about it. A friend of mine was part of a lumberjack comp there last year, Im gonna see him in the next few days so ill ask him about it too.

Well as long as the world doesn't collapse or if it's not planned on a booked vacation date, I'll be there!!!! Pretty sad if I can't make it to a York gtg 30 minutes from home lmao

Wonder how the townies there in York would like 50+ ported, muffler modded, screaming chainsaws rolling into town :msp_tongue:

That place in Eliot where they have the tractor show is a good idea.

You wouldn't be stepping on my toes by having a GTG. I really hope to have another one this fall considering how popular the first one was, but your having one earlier than that should have no impact on the fall one.

I'll do my best to be there.

Im in york ,its way down south, it would be good for some of the NH guys to. Theres a big feild that we have a big tractor show in every year in eliot,im sure some of you guys must have gone. I can talk to them about it. A friend of mine was part of a lumberjack comp there last year, Im gonna see him in the next few days so ill ask him about it too.

That's right down the road from me. I'm in Sanford. My dad and I went to the tractor show last fall to look around. It was a great time. They even had some belt powered wood splitters. :msp_smile:

I didn't know they had a lumberjack comp over there. When do they usually have that?

If you have access to those grounds, it would be way more than enough for a GTG. :hmm3grin2orange: There are quite a few people within an hour or two from there.

Wonder how the townies there in York would like 50+ ported, muffler modded, screaming chainsaws rolling into town :msp_tongue:

That place in Eliot where they have the tractor show is a good idea.

These fags in this town would freek out, my neighbors already called code inforcement on me a couple times and the cops , but its not against the law to cut firewood in maine yet. Eliot would be better anyways.

Besides the locals, York is a really nice location. Much easier for southerners to get to.

If my schedule permits, I will go. About 5 hours drive.

Back