Makita 6401

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are "buy it now" for $329 for some time now.

There was one a month or so ago for $300 with the BB kit installed and the HD filter kit. Looked better than that one. Keep watching they dont go for much.

So what would yall pay for that saw? I think $250 is fair correct?

I paid $250 for mine with HD filter and new B&C on ebay in the US. So I would say $200-250 is a reasonable price.

I paid $250 for mine with HD filter and new B&C on ebay in the US. So I would say $200-250 is a reasonable price.

I think thats what im going to try and get it for then. I know there are buy it nows for $330 but thats really more then id like to spend on one of these saws. I want all the proper equipment for firewood season! I need 1 big saw! I plan on making a killing this year!

I think thats what im going to try and get it for then. I know there are buy it nows for $330 but thats really more then id like to spend on one of these saws. I want all the proper equipment for firewood season! I need 1 big saw! I plan on making a killing this year!

Yeah it does have a few scratches on it, etc. but I think you will be surprised how well it cleans up. The condition is most likely a result of rolling around in the back of truck instead of actual cutting time. The chain catcher is still intact which is also a good sign.

Yeah it does have a few scratches on it, etc. but I think you will be surprised how well it cleans up. The condition is most likely a result of rolling around in the back of truck instead of actual cutting time. The chain catcher is still intact which is also a good sign.

Your probably right. You would think the seller would clean it up....

Looking at the Ebay completed auctions I would say that saw would bring anywhere from $200 to $275 but it all depends on how bad someone wants the saw, I am sure we have all seen that scenario play out many times. You get your eye on something but two "nut jobs" do also and the price ends up run through the roof.

I have been watching them for quite some time and with a few exceptions you will pay between $250-325 including shipping for a used one. Keep in mind that a new one is now $600.

I have been watching them for quite some time and with a few exceptions you will pay between $250-325 including shipping for a used one. Keep in mind that a new one is now $600.

Ya i know, thats why im looking for a used one.

Back