Makita/Dolmar P/C Kit from Watsonr Arrived Today!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are pretty good kits and despite coming from a Chinese supplier they are actually Taiwanese made.
Absolutely zero reliability problems with these kits and only the odd one has casting flaws which is why Randy inspects them prior to sale. As far as I'm concerned all kits should be inspected prior to sale. Squish always seems to be around .040" so a bit loose but they do run well and compression generally around 160psi with Caber rings and no base gasket.

Hmmm I thought watsonr was a sponsor here, but I dont see any contact information for him. Whats up with that?

Ok, picked up a new chain and fresh mix tonight. I will get it in some wood tomorrow despite the 25°F temps. The wind makes it extra chilly!

Hmmm I thought watsonr was a sponsor here, but I dont see any contact information for him. Whats up with that?
Yeah they still are. I just placed a nice size order with them for some winter projects!:) His Icon is on the bottom row near the middle.
Here is his email [email protected] or start a conversation with him.

Henry and randy are top notch guys to work with... they go the extra mile. I just p

This thing is amazing. Very good throttle response and lots of torque. Here are a few pics. Video coming very soonIMG_20131124_124120.jpgIMG_20131124_124055.jpg

Nice report and a good install with pics.... thank you sir! Lets see it run.

Did one of these couple weeks ago for a milling saw, 32" Sugi bar and is pulling 12,500 for a tune and owner is very happy milling 28" logs.

Needs a bigger bar now!

Watsonr, Did my kit come with Caber rings? I noticed you only sell them in pairs and my single ring piston came with a 2 ring set. so I can assume?

Thanks for the reply and the info. I have a couple of orange things on the bench for winter projects. Bookmarked the site. Again, thank you.

Nice report and a good install with pics.... thank you sir! Lets see it run.

Did one of these couple weeks ago for a milling saw, 32" Sugi bar and is pulling 12,500 for a tune and owner is very happy milling 28" logs.

Needs a bigger bar now!

Unfortunately the Dolmar/Makita oilers struggle with bars above 32", even though the saw can handle it.
I have a video on Youtube of my ported 7900 pulling a 42" bar buried in Redgum with 3/8" non skip semi chisel. It did it quite easily but I had to stop after one cut to avoid toasting the nose sprocket. They are not that well balanced above 32" anyway.

I meant that the saw from the OP needed a bigger bar, it looks like a 20" bar he had on there. The saw I built was a 32" and like you said... it's maxed now.

Whoops! Darned interwebs and my inability to properly interpret interweb speak :(

Back