Makita/Dolmar sticker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mijdirtyjeep

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just picked up a new to me Makita 6100. The starter cover sticker is missing and I can not seem to locate one online with the part number. Does anyone know where to purchase one?

Thanks
Jim

Thanks, yeah I have searched the web with that part number and can not find one. Odd as they are still making Makita 6100's, so one would think that sticker would be easy to find.

Thanks, yeah I have searched the web with that part number and can not find one. Odd as they are still making Makita 6100's, so one would think that sticker would be easy to find.
Makita is supposedly shutting down production of all gas powered equipment. That's a bummer. I like both of my blue chain saws and my friends like theirs. They are not perfect, but what is?

Makita is supposedly shutting down production of all gas powered equipment. That's a bummer. I like both of my blue chain saws and my friends like theirs. They are not perfect, but what is?

I agree, sucks they are shutting down the gas products. Really liking this 6100 and my 5100s was a great saw till I finally burned it up.

Well, I thought I straight gassed it so I ordered a new piston and ring. Cylinder cleaned up easy as there was not much transfer. 3 tanks in on the new piston/ring I pulled the muffler to check the condition and ring was melting again. Yup, should have pressure/vac tested. I’m thinking it’s got an air leak somewhere. I threw it on the shelf and will get back at it over winter when I’m not cutting as much wood.

Sorry to hear that, Jim. Might have been a worn out crankshaft seal. Just my WAG. That's usually rare for a professional saw, but air leaks can arise in several places and cause the saw to run lean. The cylinder gasket may not have been sealed. Pressure test would have revealed that also. Good luck!

Just picked up a new to me Makita 6100. The starter cover sticker is missing and I can not seem to locate one online with the part number. Does anyone know where to purchase one?

Thanks
Jim
Howdy Jim, the Makita Part Number is 980-115-856 and they don't give them away at $17.40 Click on label link below What's strange is you can buy the Dolmar 6100 label 980-115-765 for $2.99
https://www.ereplacementparts.com/label-p-3328924.html

The Dolmar 6100 label 980-115-765 is only $2.99 go figure. I have ordered 4 labels from this outfit and have received all of them. Mostly PS-5105 and EA5000P. The PS-5100S label is discontinued.
Even better as I like just the plain Dolmar 6100 label better than the EA6100P label.
Thanks again!

Jim, I have been checking around and availability for your 6100 label is looking slim to none. I think
ereplacement parts is in Utah and because of demographics of the western states I hope they can find
you one left in one of the western warehouses. Your 14,500 rpm coil on your 5100 is already discontinued
and OEM unavailable.

Jim, I have been checking around and availability for your 6100 label is looking slim to none. I think
ereplacement parts is in Utah and because of demographics of the western states I hope they can find
you one left in one of the western warehouses. Your 14,500 rpm coil on your 5100 is already discontinued
and OEM unavailable.
You now got me thinking. You know off the top of your head if the 5100 coil would fit the 6100? An unlimited coil or at least more rpm would be nice. I know the clutch does as I robbed that yesterday as the springs in the 6100 were beyond weak and I needed to get some more wood bucked up. It worked like a charm!

If I remember correctly there are 9 Dolmar models that use the same clutch 181180300 from the 350 to the 6100 and that includes the 5100. Disregard that last statement and specs. because I don't want to be known as the Tennessee Troll.

Jim to Jim, on these Dolmars with high compression Mahle P&C'S run 93 octane ethanol free and Maxima
K2 full synthetic oil at 32 to1. My 5105S saws go but don't blow and no scoring in 11 years cutting 10 cords of red oak firewood per season.

Awesome info, thanks. I was running 40:1 Stihl Ultra in the 5100, and have ran 3 tanks through the new to me 6100. I will look into that Maxima oil as I use to run Maxima in my snowmobiles with lots of mods and nver had an oil related failure. The fuel I can get around here thats E free is 89 octane, so thats what all my 2smokes get.

Thanks again!

I was running 40:1 Stihl Ultra in the 5100
I used to run Motul 800 2T years ago. Pretty good oil but just didn't like the carbon build up.Stihl recommends 89 octane and that will work for you. I would love to know how they make synthetic oil out of natural gas. Maybe PBS will have a special on the process some day.

Latest posts

Back