Man uses chainsaw in divorce!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeInParadise

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Gee I wonder what brand of chainsaw! I can just see the commercial now!!!

"Stihl(or whatever) makes sure that you get your half of the house!"

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070309/od_nm/germany_divorce_chainsaw_dc_1

BERLIN (Reuters) - A 43-year-old German decided to settle his imminent divorce by chainsawing a family home in two and making off with his half in a forklift truck.
ADVERTISEMENT

Police in the eastern town of Sonneberg said on Friday the trained mason measured the single-storey summer house -- which was some 8 meters (26 feet) long and 6 meters wide -- before chainsawing through the wooden roof and walls.

"The man said he was just taking his due," said a police spokesman. "But I don't think his wife was too pleased."

After finishing the job, the man picked up his half with the forklift truck and drove to his brother's house where he has since been staying.

I have heard of people cutting furniture and such in halv in that situation, but not the whole house.....:rockn: :rockn: :ices_rofl:

I know someone who bought a house that the guy had done that to the deck on it during the divorce, but not the whole house. He would have been there a while though as it is a large log house.

Last edited:
Tpig Me 2

I know someone who bought a house that the guy had done that to the deck on it during the divorce, but not the whole house. He would have been there a while though as it is a large log house.

I know this dude who is a Commercial Diver that works offshore allot,,, well He had just came home err uhhh,,,,un-announced and caught his soon to be EX wife in a situation????? well he took the chainsaw to the porch he had just redone the last time he was home,,, Then hooked his 4X4 to it and was trying to pull it off of the House when the cops got there and made him cease and desist....................:chainsaw: :chainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

I've heard of couples splitting the house, "She got:cry: the inside and I got the outside".:cry:

it could happen to you...

Good story. I know of two cases in my area where something simular happened. One was a builder contractor who had a battle type divorce and took one of his cranes to take half of his family house down. The judge did not take it well, and the guy had to compensate for the lost value...

The other one was even funnier. This guy had built his house all by himself and got divorced a few years later.
Not wanting to sell the house, he took the house down brick by brick ; it took him a few weeks and the entire village witnessed the scene.

Very funny, but sad in sort of way of course.

Awesome! I love it. That's definitely going out as a memo to the other attorneys today.

So from the law standpoint how do you think this would play out in a US court. Obviously it would depend on the state laws. I know your from MI so but hpothetically lets say in Illinois ?;) I think maybe he would have to pay for 2 halves of a once one piece home.

Bill

why

So from the law standpoint how do you think this would play out in a US court. Obviously it would depend on the state laws. I know your from MI so but hpothetically lets say in Illinois ?;) I think maybe he would have to pay for 2 halves of a once one piece home.

Bill

why... he shoulden't have to fair is fair 50/50... besides looks like she gets the land... they should each just build a new wall and forget it....

Latest posts

Back