Maple TD?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Slayer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What happened to the thread and pics of the maple in the wires that someone posted last week, I went away for the weekend and now the whole thread is gone or I just can't find it.

Good question so where did it go??

I am sure Ralph will let us know if it was a mods doing or the "tree guys wet dream" :buttkick: that deleted it!

I just wanted to no if they did that tree with the power on or off thats all.

Thanks like I said I went away for the weekend, I just had to no. WOW I guess this got ugly on here, sorry for bringing it back up. Please delete again if you wish.

WOW I guess this got ugly on here, sorry for bringing it back up.

No, bull and I asked some pointed questions, and I guess the fellow took his marbles and went home.

Mine was "how was the crane isolated"

Bulls was "did you call Jan at the power company while working ove 13kv"

The responce was I'm too good at this to answer your piddley questions.

John.....I am glad that someone else noticed this mans extreme excitement about a hairy crane job, which he should be excited! No one was injured or killed.

But I am confused as to why th thread was deleted, he clearly wasn't going to answer any questions but I don't think that is reason enough to delete it.......:confused:

ok ok

alright listen.

all i was trying to do was show a couple pics of some work we banged out.
it was a great day, sunny out and not cold. an all around great day for the start of spring.

the work was exciting to me and i wanted to share. plain and simple.

in that excitement i posted the pics not thinking of the ramifications that would come about of it. and sometimes when cornered on comes out swinging. i will apologize for that. i fully realized what i had done and asked for the post to be removed, the feathers were flying and i was about to be caught up in a ???? storm.

now bull, hear this. when i refered to myself as a tree guys wet dream i was talking about the way i approach work. i cant get enough of work. i roll around in work. it is more or less all i have to focus on. and i dig that.
i stay late for nothing cause i know i'll be taken care of. "who cares about that hour, he let me out at 2 the other day" is my way of thinking. i know my effort will pan out. along with the effort comes my willingness to learn. i ask questions all the time. i want to know, i am not satisfied not knowing.

about the godlike attitude, this is not true. i am just a jerk. buzzard even.
just trying to have some fun.

now if i have ruffled anyone's feathers i do apologize.

this site allows me to better myself and would hate to see myself not a part of it just because i happen to be m???????.

i'll be on my perch for a while just taking it all in. be well.

oldirty

alright listen.

all i was trying to do was show a couple pics of some work we banged out.
it was a great day, sunny out and not cold. an all around great day for the start of spring.

the work was exciting to me and i wanted to share. plain and simple.

in that excitement i posted the pics not thinking of the ramifications that would come about of it. and sometimes when cornered on comes out swinging. i will apologize for that. i fully realized what i had done and asked for the post to be removed, the feathers were flying and i was about to be caught up in a ???? storm.

now bull, hear this. when i refered to myself as a tree guys wet dream i was talking about the way i approach work. i cant get enough of work. i roll around in work. it is more or less all i have to focus on. and i dig that.
i stay late for nothing cause i know i'll be taken care of. "who cares about that hour, he let me out at 2 the other day" is my way of thinking. i know my effort will pan out. along with the effort comes my willingness to learn. i ask questions all the time. i want to know, i am not satisfied not knowing.

about the godlike attitude, this is not true. i am just a jerk. buzzard even.
just trying to have some fun.

now if i have ruffled anyone's feathers i do apologize.

this site allows me to better myself and would hate to see myself not a part of it just because i happen to be m???????.

oldirty

I understand you were excited. You should be thats a good sized tree in a super hairy spot, thats why most of us are in this profession, ADRENALINE!!!!

What you have to realize is that those pics made YOU and the rest of those guys seem like schmucks! No hardhat, safety glasses, harness Zilch! Working near 13kv, with no line hose on it, and without telling Jan....!!!!!! Thats just dumb.

The way you made it sound was that you had a part in running the job, maybe I was mistaken. I will apologize for riding you so hard, especially now that you have come here and stood up for yourself like a man.

Just think about what your work looks like to the rest of us, and how sarcasm and other language variations don't come out through typing.

Thanks for taking the chip off your shoulder. I do think that Bull came on a little strong, but figured it was the same way that you would do it and were man enough to handle it.

My apologies for being flippant above, I just thought it ironic that a person so willing to offer an opinion became so upset.

Glad you did not leave permanently.

i do thank you fellas for not clipping my wings so to speak.

the hole i was digging for myself was about to get to deep to get out of, and real quick like. and almost immediately i realized that those workpics were going to cause nothing but trouble.

in defense of macadeach, we wear our saddles in the bucket with the buckstrap attached to the safety latch, and he wears earplugs/shades all day. (he had them on backwards for the pics).
the helmet? well some ol' dogs prefer the wind blowing through their hair and his was in the truck.

everything else about the pics i plead the 5th.

JP- i was in no position to argue anything valid, thats why i took off with my marbles and went home. lol

after i humbled myself 2 days ago i was repaid yesterday with one of the best climbs of my life. i got a chance to work on my "oakman" skills and it felt so good to see the result.

back to the perch.

oldirty

What you have to realize is that those pics made YOU and the rest of those guys seem like schmucks! No hardhat, safety glasses, harness Zilch! Working near 13kv, with no line hose on it, and without telling Jan....!!!!!! Thats just dumb.

That was my point as well, in fact the second comment of the thread. If I hurt anyone's feelings, or was mistaken in my observations, I apologize.

Latest posts

Back