Mastermind Meets The Dolmar PS-6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Randy, I have one question and maybe you have the tools to check it.
The air inlet under the air filter cover is a tiny opening coming from the flywheel.
Is the flywheel able to over pressurize the air filter compartment? Or is the intake on the flywheel side only able to reject debris.

Wolter

Definately not pretty - but that isn't what really counts anyway! ;)

On the heavy side for a 60cc saw, and an inboard clutch, aren't good signs regarding the handling though.

It just is pretty hard to be exited over that creation.....

When this saw first hit the shelves I pointed out at the 'other site' Dolmar has been known to use the same basic 'chassis' for saws of different dispacement. (6400/7300/7900)

That 6100 has plenty of stroke to get it to the 75cc range.

I don't think it would be a bit "porky" at 75ccs eh?

Good work and pics as always there Randy.

Randy, I have one question and maybe you have the tools to check it.
The air inlet under the air filter cover is a tiny opening coming from the flywheel.
Is the flywheel able to over pressurize the air filter compartment? Or is the intake on the flywheel side only able to reject debris.

Wolter

I'm not sure, and honestly haven't given it too much thought. It does seem to have the ability to keep the air filter nice and clean, but I can't say if over-pressurization was on the minds of the designers.

Why not? Would be a rather simple way to increase air speed to eliminate even more "dirt".

Why does this uploading take so long....
smilie_wut_061.gif

;)

I just ran a ported 562XP with the same chain......it was less than a second faster. That's not bad considering that this is my first attempt with the Dolly.
One has to wonder know, where is the Autotune majic? You know, adjusting the settings during the cut... Kind of reminds one of the test video of 166 of the untuned saws(although the 6100 was brand new)....

Thanks for the honest update!

edit: why is your bike burning?

looks good. The way that runs I'm sure your going to get a second chance at one soon. When is it that you are going to start taking more work again?

Back