Mastermind Meets The MS661 C-M

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it ain't raining like a *****, I'll do some more timed cuts tomorrow. I want to do the muffler with a couple different outlets, see what really helps.

If it's pouring, I won't move forward till I can test what's been done.

That 661 rocks stock. No surprise to me that the 661 opened a can of whoop azz on that 390. Stihl would have never released it unless it squashed a 390. The 461 didn't show much of a gain from a MM on my dyno tests like the 460 does. The 660's do quite a bit better with a good MM wander if the 661 will mirror the 461

Randy I want my dyno in your shop really bad. You can have the dyno if you get me a 661 and port it for me.

Try sleeping after that proposal lol.

I sure hope Stihl don't bring the 661s back "fixed" and they have less power. Remember the Dolmar 7900/7910 EPA crap? The 7910 sure is dialed down from the 7900. Now this is a different issue with the coil and cylinder plating and not EPA related but boy would that suck.

Randy I want my dyno in your shop really bad. You can have the dyno if you get me a 661 and port it for me.

Can't really afford that..... :(

Try sleeping after that proposal lol.

I sure hope Stihl don't bring the 661s back "fixed" and they have less power. Remember the Dolmar 7900/7910 EPA crap? The 7910 sure is dialed down from the 7900. Now this is a different issue with the coil and cylinder plating and not EPA related but boy would that suck.

The 7910 has the same port sizes and timing numbers as the 7900.......they just need a different muffler.

Latest posts

Back