Mastermind MS460 weekend special arrives!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rjames

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So, as the title says, I basically bought/stole this saw from Randy last weekend.

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...rebuilt-ported-weekend-special-600-00.280733/

I'm not sure if he got into the sauce before he posted this or maybe some medicinal herbs but the price was incredible. (Just playin) :innocent:
Needless to say, I jumped on it like a
bum on a bologna sandwich.

It showed up yesterday as I was in the garage filing chains. Packed nice, looked better than the pictures.
Screenshot_2015-06-05-14-45-52.png

Went out to my cutting spot, fueled up with klotz original techniplate and 90 octane efree at 32-1 and it fired up in three pulls. Better stiffen your upper lip when you tug the cord on this one.

I have to say that this is the strongest, meanest and toughest sounding chainsaw I've ever ran!

With a 20" bar and an old chipper chain, it ate through a couple white oak logs with a vengeance.

This saw is very very angry. I was so impressed that I sent the man an email right after I put the saw down. Couldn't wipe the stupid smile off my face.

Anyone on the fence about getting a mastermind ported saw, get off the fence and buy one when you have a chance. He's a great guy and his work is top notch.
Thanks again Randy, you're the best!:rock:

I'm waiting on a 28" es light bar to arrive for the saw. I think my other saws are going to be very lonely for quite a while! Hard to put this one down.
It really is an incredible machine, now I know why they only last a day or so on the trading post.
Enjoy that saw, I love my ported 046, they are really strong saws! I think a 046/460 improves more from porting than just about any saw out there.

They certainly improve your bucking times!

When you look at the cost of a half tidy 460 and add the cost of fireght both ways along with porting costs......well yeah the OP done good! And as the 460 responds so well to mods, its a lot of saw. You could run the guts out of it for six months and still get your money back.....however trying to explain that to the missus....may nett you a sore eye.....or ears.lol But well worth it, for sheer grin of running a well tuned saw a 70/80cc saw does it best.

I'm waiting on a 28" es light bar to arrive for the saw. I think my other saws are going to be very lonely for quite a while! Hard to put this one down.
It really is an incredible machine, now I know why they only last a day or so on the trading post.

That 28" es light is about the best pick for that saw..same weight as a 20" es and that saw has the stones to pull it..good choice.

So, as the title says, I basically bought/stole this saw from Randy last weekend.

Anyone on the fence about getting a mastermind ported saw, get off the fence and buy one when you have a chance. He's a great guy and his work is top notch.
Thanks again Randy, you're the best!:rock:
Randy is a gentleman, through and through.

I can't wait to run my MM066.

Latest posts

Back