Maul find

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aarolar

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Excited about getting a handle in this one it's a beauty. The shape of this one just looks like it would bust wood perfect. Not sure the maker but I can make out Made in USA on it.

9db7bdee59f1eabac99275ed417b7aca.jpg

25e225d54991b519dfb7ee3903115a87.jpg

Also walked away from a MS261 for 200$ today. It looked ok and cranked and ran good but the holes in the top cover didn't line up with the adjustment holes for the carb and made me feel like something was amiss, he wouldn't budge in price so I walked.

I've found out (the hard way, partly) that it helps a maul like that to take a disc-grinder to the head and grind off anything that bumps out behind the edge. Flat & smooth IOW. A sharp edge works well too- just gotta keep it out of the dirt/rocks. Made a huge difference in the mauls I redid.

I've found out (the hard way, partly) that it helps a maul like that to take a disc-grinder to the head and grind off anything that bumps out behind the edge. Flat & smooth IOW. A sharp edge works well too- just gotta keep it out of the dirt/rocks. Made a huge difference in the mauls I redid.
That's what's so nice about this maul there is nothing behind the head it is very sleek

Nice! Let us know how it works. I have some wood you can try it out on. Lol

I got one like it from my grandfather. It is shaped nice but has a smaller handle hole too.

Excited about getting a handle in this one it's a beauty. The shape of this one just looks like it would bust wood perfect. Not sure the maker but I can make out Made in USA on it.

Also walked away from a MS261 for 200$ today. It looked ok and cranked and ran good but the holes in the top cover didn't line up with the adjustment holes for the carb and made me feel like something was amiss, he wouldn't budge in price so I walked.
Looks like my 7# Stanley! Great Mauls!!

Where is the 261?

Latest posts

Back