Maul ID

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LAH

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Anyone use one of these?
Picture081.jpg

Picture082.jpg

Picture083-1.jpg

Picture084.jpg

Picture085.jpg

Yes, when I was a teenager. It was a nifty thing that seemed like it would work great - but it constantly got wedged in the wood and I didn't like it.

How is it working for you?

Yes, when I was a teenager. It was a nifty thing that seemed like it would work great - but it constantly got wedged in the wood and I didn't like it.

How is it working for you?

This was given to me years ago and is the best thing since sliced bread. I've used it on oak, hickory, elm, and popular with great success. Never had it hung but there's things I couldn't split.

Haven't seen another around here so I posted the pictures for feed back.

This was given to me years ago and is the best thing since sliced bread. I've used it on oak, hickory, elm, and popular with great success. Never had it hung but there's things I couldn't split.

Hmph! Guess I must have been scrawnier than I thought as a teenager then.

I saw you had a pile of split wood in the photos, was just wondering if you preferred that maul or if it was the only one you had. Sounds like it's your new favorite. I'll have to pick one up if I find it somewhere. You can never have too many!

They are still made. I have an older one. It works okay. Would not be first choice if I could only have one. I'll stick with my Gransfors thank you.

OK guys listen up. This is a dandy maul. I used it for my own wood for years but once I began selling wood I purchased a machine to split with. I hadn't seen one of these mauls on the board so I posted the pictures. The wood you see was processed on my TW-6.

As for which maul is best I wouldn't try to guess. I've owned only two. One 8 pound solid head and this one. This one is miles a head of the other at least in my hands.

What's a Gransfors???????????

Latest posts

Back