Mauls Only!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 12 year old grandson started splitting a few weeks ago with a six pounder whle i was working up some big wood. He had no training or help from me! I felt bad for his baby brother who felt let out. I set the five year old up with a little electric spitter that I bought used for fifty dollars for grammy to make kindling with. The baby had trouble holing the button down. I forgot all about the spitter being left out plugged in. The next day grammy came out with a real evil glare. The baby had split a stack of kindling four foot tall unsupervised. The wood was perfectly stacked and split and I was in trouble for not supervising.

To heavy for this sawed off runt. Lol
Looks to be well made.
I noticed buddy was a bit short of breath after just a few swings.

Haha yeah, perhaps I was a little winded. I like to use my Ochsenkopf Universal Forestry Axe after I bust the big rounds in a few pieces with the Big Ox. I get more done that way.

Haha yeah, perhaps I was a little winded. I like to use my Ochsenkopf Universal Forestry Axe after I bust the big rounds in a few pieces with the Big Ox. I get more done that way.
Lol, I didn't know it was you I was responding to. I like the maul. I rarely use a chopping block as it slows production, but who cares unless it's for commercial production.
Splitting with a maul is good for the health and gives the whole skeleton system a good workout which gaurantees gravity will never take over.image.jpg

Lol, I didn't know it was you I was responding to. I like the maul. I rarely use a chopping block as it slows production, but who cares unless it's for commercial production.
Splitting with a maul is good for the health and gives the whole skeleton system a good workout which gaurantees gravity will never take over.View attachment 403190
Dang, what are those logs? I thought you guys only grew little spruce up there!

Back