Max revs for Stihl S 10 & KS 43 ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave k

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Have had a search and looked on Mike's site but can't see those figures ! My S 10, after checking it over before starting up, is running great but when I put the tach up to it it was running upto 7900/8300 rpm which seems a tad high ? The bar is stamped 7-68 so it may be a 48cc as opposed to the later 56cc model if it makes any difference ? The KS 43 is new ( made in 1963) and was unused, but has been in and out of a saw shop on display so not sure if the setting is correct i.e. people messing with it.

The S10 should have a governor that limits max rpm automatically. I guess also that max rpm is identical to the 08S, but don't know the exact figure.

The plate on my KS shows max RPM of 4000, but never checked in reality.
If it runs nicely, I shouldn't bother too much about max speed, since I reckon you will not use it for cutting.

It would be nice to see some pics of your machine though. :clap::clap:

Reading the plate on the KS 43 now why did'nt I think of that !! If I had half a brain I would be the most dangerous man in the world !Thanks Roland. As for the S 10 when I got the saw the recoil system needed to be looked at and I did'nt see any govener in there ( the same as 08S 07S etc) so that why I was a little worried that it could be a bit high.

Latest posts

Back