Max RPM For A Husky 395???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I've got a question about max rpm after a muffler mod. Some people on here say set it at max for the stock saw (per the manual). Then there are some guys who set it by ear and end up running 15000+ on saws. Which is the right way?

I wouldn't twist it up too much past 12,500 on a 395. You get 15,000 rpm if you lean the snot out of it..........not a good thing!!!
I would have to agree with that statement. Just because someone “gets by” long enough to make a quick video of a turned up 15k saw, that does not make it ok to go against the factory specs.

I wouldn't twist it up too much past 12,500 on a 395. You get 15,000 rpm if you lean the snot out of it..........not a good thing!!!

I would have to agree with that statement. Just because someone “gets by” long enough to make a quick video of a turned up 15k saw, that does not make it ok to go against the factory specs.

"Gets By" is about it. Saws operate on fuel.............not enough............no power!!!

Unless you have some experience tuning a 2-smoke by ear, I wouldn't go much past the factory setting with just a muffler mod. A muffler mod alone does not boost the RPMs that much. I'm guessing 500 RPMs is even optimistic. Some others will have to chime in here. Just remember, you can't just lean a saw out and turn the RPMs up like a volume knob. That will overheat the piston and seize it up quick. Then it won't turn any RPMs:clap:

+1 - I don't understand that either - please elaborate Steve......

Its what husky recommend here on large displacement saws 80cc + when running LS oil, as the fuel quality in NZ is quite poor. We had to do extensive fuel testing in the start of 2003 when we began trialing the 575's for sweden...

On big saws using XP oil we can safely run 50:1. HP oil 33:1

Back