Maxpower synthetic oil, opinions?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redoakranch

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I personally use Stihl ultra but I work at a lumberyard and we need to have some 2 cycle oil for a guy in a pinch. I can only get this Maxpower brand in regular and synthetic. Does anyone know if it's any good? Re-badged from something else? I don't want to use it personally but it would be nice to know if it's worth having on the shelf or not. The claimed specs are below. I did not find any reference to Maxpower in the search field.

2-Cycle Synthetic Oil. 2.6 oz. bottle. Oil is smokeless, multi-ratio API TC, JASO, FC, ILS L-EGD rated. Recommended for use in 2-cycle engines. Mix with 1 gallon of gas for the proper ratio.

I've been using Tanaka synthetic for a little while. My dealer thought it was great stuff...

All these different types of oil only come from a few places. Its basically all good If you ask me.

I personally use Stihl ultra but I work at a lumberyard and we need to have some 2 cycle oil for a guy in a pinch. I can only get this Maxpower brand in regular and synthetic. Does anyone know if it's any good? Re-badged from something else? I don't want to use it personally but it would be nice to know if it's worth having on the shelf or not. The claimed specs are below. I did not find any reference to Maxpower in the search field.

2-Cycle Synthetic Oil. 2.6 oz. bottle. Oil is smokeless, multi-ratio API TC, JASO, FC, ILS L-EGD rated. Recommended for use in 2-cycle engines. Mix with 1 gallon of gas for the proper ratio.

If the API & JASO ratings are the same, the oil what ever brand should be good to go, people have their favorites but it will provide all the protection the saw requires to work

Latest posts

Back