Maybe some of you knew him

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rx7man, you said Neal had a username on the ArboristSite. I'm curious to know what it was. Maybe ArboristSite staff could help find Neals username. How long ago was Neal active on ArboristSite?

I don't know his username, and in fact Neal even forgot it I think... so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's been a while

I don't know his username, and in fact Neal even forgot it I think... so I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's been a while

Google search can probably help. If you have some of his emails, or know a certain unique style of phrasing he was prone to using, you could do it that way. Also can narrow it down by topics, say he had certain favorite chainsaws he'd probably talk about, etc.

And if you want to go full spook, just name local service providers in his region, and try to remember if he had cable, DSL, fiber, wireless, satt internet.
From there it's just a matter of narrowing down IP ranges.

With the right information, and the right spook skills :cool:, it might take 5-10 minutes. Considering this is a chainsaw hobbyist site though, and not a comp sci/engineering digital watering hole(i.e. slashdot), probably more like 3 days. :p

edit
Ok, after some interwebbing, we find he's from around Lillooet, BC, local internet provider, shaw communications, IP ranges roughly 70.78.177.42 to 70.67.81.149

A link to one of various "worlds largest chainsaws", this one in Canada, and not Upper Peninsula Michigan. https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3377/3655790701_c3046eb48c_b.jpg

And then we have the obituary, which contains birthdate.
http://www.tvfh.ca/notices/Neal-Henry-Wright

July 8, 1946 ~ May 2, 2016
Might be some fudging there. Also some other info in the obit that might narrow it down.
Then to rifle through the various posts about hello from BC, or whatever.

AFAIK, his ISP was Lyttonnet, though they may be piggybacking on another ISP, though I don't know what he had before that, may have been Telus over cell phone... I know he liked old saws, so Macs, Remingtons, and the like.. He sold most of his saws to a fellow from Manitoba or Saskatchewan a few years back... No idea what username he would have had.

I'm not a very good spook :p

I was just curious. I have followed this site for a while and people come and go. I don't know as many names as I do usernames.

Back