Maybe some saw time today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A good bit of melting this week has made it possible for me to move about the yard, but the woodlot not so much.
Anyway, there's a dead elm standing along the northwest edge of the yard that released its bark over winter, and ice brought down some of it in February. Figure to convert it into firewood this morning before the ground gets too soft this afternoon.

st1.JPG st2.JPG

Heck, I know it ain't much... but I gotta' start somewhere...
The friggin' stacks are lookin' a bit sad after the hit they took this winter...

st3.JPG

You better get going! You been just laying around getting soft this winter.

Yeah I guess your stacks took a hit.
I had only planned to burn a specific amount of wood this year and the last of which was going to be my "garden fence" I have the last 6 arm loads of the fence in the garage right now. I'll be close but I will have to raid some of the next heat season's wood stash.
1.1.jpg

1.2.jpg

You been just laying around getting soft this winter.

And friggin' fat ‼
I added an inch or two around the middle sittin' on my azz, drinkin' beer and starin' out the window.
No doubt that little tree is gonna' make me a hurtin' unit by day's end... but like I said, gotta' start somewhere ‼

Damn... I feel like an old man this morning.
My back and legs are stiff as boards. I'm so bad out'a shape, I cut that branch up, dropped the remainder of the tree and cut it up without needing to refuel the saw. C'mon man, only one tank of fuel through the saw, a little splitting... and I can barely walk this morning.
April is gonna' be a rough month.

My first day out cutting this spring I had to quit when my arms started cramping. I was a sore SOB that night. Felt fine the next day so I did it again.

My back and legs are stiff as boards. I'm so bad out'a shape, I cut that branch up, dropped the remainder of the tree and cut it up without needing to refuel the saw. C'mon man, only one tank of fuel through the saw, a little splitting... and I can barely walk this morning.

This could help with expando belly!

http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...r-to-bend-over-for-those-bucking-cuts.254953/

Well, I went Saturday for about 1 1/2 hrs, but Sunday I managed to get a hall pass from the boss and got 3 hrs in. Don't know why I decided to try and make one of those holthousien(spelling) things but here it is. I'm paying for the long hard winter as well, I didn't have any logs or rounds anywhere close to work up.
011.jpg 012.jpg 013.jpg 018.jpg

Spidey, you better stay off them towers for a while until you get your legs back under you.:D

I loosened-up pretty quick yesterday once I got moving... but it took a while to get moving. My son and daughter-in-law came for a grill-out Saturday afternoon, he and I made a damn good dent in the beer supply, so along with the soreness I was just a tad slow-out'a-the-gate yesterday. Although I was still pretty stiff and sore when I came hobblin' out'a the bedroom today also... a long hot shower helped. I should be all healed-up just in time to do it all again next weekend :D I'm figurin' on hurtin' most of April as I break myself back in... it-is-what-it-is, just gotta' be careful not to do too much, too soon. It sucks gettin' older, everything takes longer, including the healing and toning.

For the first time in, well, forever, I got out to do some sawin. Didn't have a whole lotta time so I loaded up and ran down to the local excavators slash pile. With the mini-skid I was able to find a few maple logs, a good number of oak tops, and a gem of a locust stem. Since I had to move them anyway, I also loaded up a bunch of 18-24" pine logs. Looks like I'm gonna have to spend tomorrow wist deep in a cold creek. Getting a little trout therapy in should help a sore back right?

Suck it up Nancy. :D:D:laugh:

Back