Mcculloch 300 bar info.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scotty Lee

Reaction score
Hello everyone, Long time browser and first time poster.

Well, I'll start out by saying I have several old Mac's that range from a couple of mini's to my 300 that I bought off E-bay for a winter project last fall.

I'm not a chainsaw guru by any means. I use saw at work that range from cheap 14" Poulan's up to the 066 magnum Stihls.

I just use mine and my Father's when needed and the 300 (if it worked out) would be my large saw. Granted, it cost me $80+/- including shipping but when I opened the box the seller also included a mini mac that only needed a idle screw to get back into running condition.

He stated that after I mentioned loving the old Mac's he thought I could use the Mini and threw it in as a surprise. :)

Now, the problem with the 300 was that it needed a new condenser and the points reset. I also cleaned the carb but it just basically came down to basic service.

Other than running like a scared pup now it needs an outer bar plate (anyone know where I can get one?) and I need to get some info on the bar that came with it.

The Mac part number is: 62542 Ao. It could be A0 but I'm not sure. The chain is.404 but I will have to measure the Gauge.

However, the bar is an odd bird and I can post photos later. From the other 300 photos this bar seems smaller in height than the original bars.

It also only has one oil port on each side with brass screens and the oil channel runs through the body of the bar and exits a few inches from the hard tip. From all the other macs that I have and other older saws the bar just doesn't seem to work with this saw.

I have visited every local saw shop, got a part number for the plate (61994) and I finally got a name and number for a gentleman who deals in old Mac parts. He also has an E-bay store so I'll call him this week during my lunch break and see if he can help. Until then, can anyone here in the WWW help me with info and maybe parts?

Thanks for any help and thanks for the great website!!

Scotty

Latest posts

Back