McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they looks similar its definitly worth a try. Usually when you get the high idle problem's its time to look for a vacuum leak, aka crank seals and the auto oiler seal.

thanks dennis I will probably try that soon, when i get another zama and by the way nice vid. i also like to mm some of my saws, but the mini's don't really need it they are loud enough and perform well (for their size) when running right. usually i will only mm the newer saws that have choked up muffler's. where can i find an oiler seal and what is a good way to clean the oiler?

Last edited:
Just like the box store Poulans that are constantly dissed, these little Macs are useful tools. You are not going into business with them but most folk just need a smallish saw occasionally. Whats not to like?

Regards,

Lee :rock:

Nothing, that's why I have 4 of them:D

They sound good with the muffler open up too, doesn't sound like 32cc's from a distance.

thanks dennis I will probably try that soon, when i get another zama.where can i find an oiler seal and what is a good way to clean the oiler?

Never cleaned the inside of the oiler. Just unclip the oiler with a flat head screwdriver and take a look at the o ring/seal. I usually encounter crank seal problems over oiler ones. A bad carb gasket could give you a vacuum leak as well.

Never cleaned the inside of the oiler. Just unclip the oiler with a flat head screwdriver and take a look at the o ring/seal. I usually encounter crank seal problems over oiler ones. A bad carb gasket could give you a vacuum leak as well.

how did you list your'e saws on the bottom of the page?

Go to the top of the screen and click "settings". Scroll down and click "edit signature". You will see a screen pop up like you are writing a reply in a thread. You can list whatever you like there.

thanks dennis for the info. :msp_biggrin:

You don't even have a bigger saw for firewood?

I do have a MAC 2-10, 55cc's if I remember correctly. Not really my cup of tea, I like piecing the little guys together, parts are cheap and abundant.

I don't have a fireplace or stove at the moment(looking to buy a house) but when I do these little guys will serve me well:D

I do have a MAC 2-10, 55cc's if I remember correctly. Not really my cup of tea, I like piecing the little guys together, parts are cheap and abundant.

I don't have a fireplace or stove at the moment(looking to buy a house) but when I do these little guys will serve me well:D

I hear ya there. It all pays off in the end. I do consider a small saw anything under 70cc though....:chainsaw: :laugh:. But you don't really need anything over a 40 or 50cc saw to cut common firewood. And who isnt looking for a Pro Mac 125? haha

same here, i would really like a sp125 but the price keeps me from getting one for now.:msp_tongue: i have a few big saws but the size keeps me from using them very much, not to mention i don't have much to cut anyway. but i like the little saws too. very fun to run. the mini mac is my first saw, used to be my dads.

Next up on the bench MAC SP40:D.....thanks to psuiewalsh

18ndqh.jpg

Trying to snag my 4th McCulloch. The 1st one was an electric Eager Beaver when I was 6 years old. The 2nd was a TH 2.0 which was later straight-gassed ins my mid-teen by drunk stepfather #4. I picked up a 3200 soon after which was painful starting since I'm a southpaw. My finger nails would get caught on the filter cover of the 3200. Both the 2.0 and 3200 were great runners.

con grats dennis on the sp 40. :rock: be careful with those starter pullies (plastic metal hybrid bad idea) they like to break and are expensive to replace. :censored:

Aaron

Trying to snag my 4th McCulloch. The 1st one was an electric Eager Beaver when I was 6 years old. The 2nd was a TH 2.0 which was later straight-gassed ins my mid-teen by drunk stepfather #4. I picked up a 3200 soon after which was painful starting since I'm a southpaw. My finger nails would get caught on the filter cover of the 3200. Both the 2.0 and 3200 were great runners.

Grab the mac and post up some pics!:rock:

that's pretty nasty but it will look lots better once it is cleaned up.:msp_thumbup: most of my saws look like that when i first get them, then i just give them a good cleaning with some simple green. what do you guys use to clean all of those parts?

Back