McCulloch Mini and Small CC Chainsaw's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
minosi

minosi

ArboristSite Operative
CL CAD score this morning...$75.00...all run:rock:

280890d1361644279-mini-score-jpg

View attachment 280890

Came with cases too!

-Andy

minosi

minosi

ArboristSite Operative
They do...with gas from the tank no less!

Bought them from a kid learning small engines in high school. His old man has a small engine scrap yard.

Two need muffler covers, the PM6 has a cracked/broken top shield...of which I have plenty.

I like these old minis...mag cases, no brake.

These ones have decent bar/chains too.

-Andy

ChainLightning

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
Well Dennis I dug into my 110 today. got her all apart. Just need to clean her up and clean that carb. Gonna also put in a new line. It all came apart smoothly but i have a gut feeling that it is not gonna go back in that way :sucks:

Overtrained

Overtrained

Not crazy, Stoopid!
Well Dennis I dug into my 110 today. got her all apart. Just need to clean her up and clean that carb. Gonna also put in a new line. It all came apart smoothly but i have a gut feeling that it is not gonna go back in that way :sucks:

It will be fine, just remember to stick the throttle linkage to the magnets on the flywheel during reassembly. That removable recoil starter is a plus, you will see what I mean when you try and tackle a MM1 or MM6.:msp_thumbup:

ChainLightning

ChainLightning

Vintage Saw Stalker
It will be fine, just remember to stick the throttle linkage to the magnets on the flywheel during reassembly. That removable recoil starter is a plus, you will see what I mean when you try and tackle a MM1 or MM6.:msp_thumbup:

I never took the recoil off when I tore it down. Should I take it off when sliding it back in then?

Jimmy in NC

Jimmy in NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well both the Mini and the Eager Beaver run on gas.. but poorly. I think the Mini is very sick. The crank has ~1/8" of end play. I'm guessing that's not normal... should I tear into it any further or just hunt another motor to put in it?

Last edited:
Jimmy in NC

Jimmy in NC

Addicted to ArboristSite
And by the way Jimmy that eager beaver power Mac looks REALLY familiar, who did you get that from? The red tinted gas cap and peeling sticker are a dead give away:D

Tbone75 (John) blessed me with both of these saws.... I really like the 35. It may be a pain but I see myself rebuilding that one and probably another.

Latest posts