Mcculloch Power Mac 6 piston

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parotech

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Just got a new piston for my Mcculloch PM6 i'm restoring. The one side of the piston has a "P" marked on it, the other side says nothing.
So does the marked side supposed to be installed at the clutch side or the flywheel side of the saw?

I don't know about the power mac 6 but for 2 strokes in general you don't want the ring ends/locating pin to pass by/through any ports so whichever way the piston needs to be oriented to achieve that goal is usually the right way.

I have several different IPL's for the Power Mac 6 saws but none show anything regarding piston orientation. It does show the ring end gaps 180° apart (one up, one down) and I must assume one of the wrist pin bearings has a closed end which must be on the exhaust side.

Mark

I have several different IPL's for the Power Mac 6 saws but none show anything regarding piston orientation. It does show the ring end gaps 180° apart (one up, one down) and I must assume one of the wrist pin bearings has a closed end which must be on the exhaust side.

Mark
I got 2 blind end bearings with the new piston and rings kit, one side is allready installed. With the worn piston i could not tap the pin out, the piston eventualy splitted in half and then i could remove the pin. Also the worn piston has no markings. The rings can actually be moved in any direction you want, there's nothing that holds them in place.

Back