McCulloch Power Mac 6A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave76

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Well friday I stated putting my PM back together, I bought a new electric ignition modual to replace the points, and found a brand new MDC carb on ebay for $7. Well I got it together and checked for spark, that worked out well, so I figured I squirt a little carb cleaner in the cylinder to hear it run, problem is I only put the flywheel on hand tight and when it started it sheered the woodruff key. Any one know were I can another one, I checked ebay and they have nothing for a mac 6 just the bigger saws, if their the same that would be cool??

Whats up Calvin, the model # is 600088U and ser. # is 12-18886, also if you an air filter and the carb gaskets that would really be cool.

Well friday I stated putting my PM back together, I bought a new electric ignition modual to replace the points, and found a brand new MDC carb on ebay for $7. Well I got it together and checked for spark, that worked out well, so I figured I squirt a little carb cleaner in the cylinder to hear it run, problem is I only put the flywheel on hand tight and when it started it sheered the woodruff key. Any one know were I can another one, I checked ebay and they have nothing for a mac 6 just the bigger saws, if their the same that would be cool??

I've done THAT one! I was lucky I didn't take out the ignition or mess up the case...

I will look up this tommorrow late evening since i have a cardiologist appt tommorrow afternoon so i will take and look this up when i get back from there thanks also on kgb007 i will let you know on yours also tommorrow evening late thanks
calvin

Is it the same sized woodruff key, as a Mini Mac Saws, or the 110. If so, I have lots. Bruce.

Looks to me like a 1/16 x 5/16 woodruff key. McMaster Carr sells all sizes of em, so if no one has em I'll likly go there.

i just got back from my heart doctor i will be going thru my inventory on the mac parts tommorrow morning its after 7 pm here now so i will see what is on the shelf tommorrow morning if you want you can call me on the number on the ad on my signature around 12 noon to check and see if i found it yet

im almost certain i have one just need to make a double check

also them filters i will check on that as well and the carb gaskets

Here is a pic of the little guy.

Picture168.jpg

Good news

i have good news i have 1 # 102164 which is your flywheel key i also have 1 air filter part 68685 then i have 1 68197 carb gasket im looking for a 90714 carb gasket now pm me for a price on everything thanks
calvin

Found the 90714 so yes i have all the parts you were asking for

Last edited:
Got her running for perhaps the first time in 20 years:greenchainsaw: , she runs faily good even without carburator gaskets.lol

Latest posts

Back