Mcculloch Pro Mac 10 10 - What Chain?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bweng

Reaction score
I have an old McCulloch Pro Mac 10 10 with a 16 inch blade that I use to use when had a wood burning fire place. It's been sitting idle for about five years and the chain needs to be replace so I can do some storm cleanup. I don't have the manual any more so I'm not sure which Oregon chain to buy. Can any one in the cummunity help? THANKS

What does the bar say on it? That should answer most questions - pitch, gauge, drive link count.

If that isn't visible, pull the chain and count the number of drivers. It should be 3/8" pitch chain, so the only remaining issue is the gauge - width of the drive links - which will be .050" .058" or .063". All the factory Mac bars I've seen have been .050".

You need a 60 link .050 gauge chain in .375 (3/8) size. Any of your local saw shops should carry it or even Home Depot/ Lowes should have it. They may even have 72 LGX from Oregon there, my HD carries that chain.

Can someone explain why the big box stores are trying to extinguish us dealers ?

out of the picture multi billionare stores need to leave oep dealers alone

So retail stores shouldn't be allowed to sell anything you do? Are you going to be able to provide the OP with a chain today so that he can get busy with his storm cleanup?

Back