Mcculloch Super pro 125c can't set Low jet and idle screws correctly

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ghostbandido

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
my name Ghostbandido and although I'm new to this forum, I've been reading and learning about chainsaws for about 6 years with all the wealth of knowledge everyone brings here. I've been collecting chainsaws for about 7 years and own about 12, from a small arbor Echo,a Stihl 066,a McCulloch Pro Mac 850 Super, and the final one...Mcculloch Super Pro 125C.
It's in fantastic condition. It started right up, but then died out. So I changed the spark plug, and I reseated the H and L and brought them out to to 1. I started it right up and it screamed ridiculously and I hit the kill switch, I thought the old fella was going to blowup. I opened the H and L to about 1/4 more and it did the same.
I remember the H and L were seriously pulled out to about 6 turns on the H and about 3 on the idle screw. Maybe that is where it needs to be. I am seriously timid to mess with it again until I know what's the right way to set this beast. Any advice for a newbie is appreciated.

Thank you kindly

Sounds like it has an air leak, I'd check the intake boot, impulse line, and crank seals. I've had the pleasure of running a few 125's and I have one of my own on the bench, and they should not need to have the screws that far out. Or, check the idle screw and/or carb butterfly. If it has more than a 1/16" or 1/8" gap between the butterfly and the carb bore then the saw could just be running at partial or full throttle all the time.

Back