Me see big tree. Me cut down.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they already tell alot of stories. you can tell what years there where droughts, good years, forest fires, ect. all in a tree's rings. :)

I really like this comment, but there's one problem. Don't you have to cut it down to listen. :hmm3grin2orange:

That's rough, getting called a 'lefty environmentalist.' Although I don't have a fancy wood stove, much less 'water the air above the chimney.' I don't know what's wrong with burning hardwood pallets and logging tops/ waste from treework either. It's free heat that goes to waste if it doesn't get used. And if you read my posts instead of just ignorantly calling me names you would have read me talking about how I've cut down 3+ cords of wood from trees in the last 2 months... The guy is making some furniture out of it like he said, which is cool by me, my main point was that it was too nice a tree to just split up and burn.
willsaw--it was a generalization---as some dont want live trees cut--hence the pallets and such--nothing on you whatsoever--

I can't imagine anyone being a bleeding heart environmentalist on this board. The one thing we all enjoy is cutting wood in one way or another. :chainsaw:[/QUOTE]

well said--but there are, and they justify their burning of wood lots of ways--:censored: when i read the title--i thought nothing of it--read what he said first to get the jest of the title--

Last edited:
It is better to have some reverence for such a single standing landmark (tree).
Hedges and trees are a biotope for many animals. Make some hedges and you have a lot of advantages: wind brake and animals for hunting. It is not a big deal to plow around.

Cheers:mad:

I take it you have never been involved in farming? Not a slam but if you had you'd realize how MUCH more of a benefit a field of corn provides than a standing tree for shade/cover and some acorns. It's also not as easy to say, "Just plow around it" Want to guess how much water a tree that size would use? It probably effects over an acres yield and if your paying a premium for that acre that's where the problem arises.

We normally have landowner deduct some for something like that. Normally just take off an acre. Your outside rounds next to woods are always throwaways when you have corn as what the wildlife doesn't eat the trees shade out.

Don't get me wrong, I like big trees and don't cut healthy ones without a reason, but I'd guess that is what happened here.

I can’t believe I just read all this crap. Me needs to find a big tree to cut down….

Ugh me have headache, thread too long to read! Going to take frustration out on trees and split them for heat or take my Rem 22-250 and split some coyote fur. But first must eat. Maybe some venison steak or some type of meat. Just hope no PETA people are members ugghh:jawdrop::dizzy::jawdrop::dizzy:

I too want the last 5 min. of my life back I wasted reading about the ethics of a guy who cut down a tree that was too big. Really, a tree that was too big and too old. Ok, whatever.

Ugh me have headache, thread too long to read! Going to take frustration out on trees and split them for heat or take my Rem 22-250 and split some coyote fur. But first must eat. Maybe some venison steak or some type of meat. Just hope no PETA people are members ugghh:jawdrop::dizzy::jawdrop::dizzy:

Nothing like some fresh venison right off the deer. :cheers:

Nothing better than venison /pepper/onions/ REAL butter in a cast iron pan on top of the wood stove fueled by white oak. Burp, yep was good. Where is my beer?

Not much for onions, but agree 100% pepper, cooked on woodstove on cast iron. :clap:

Have you tried it wrapped in bacon? I think I could eat most anything wrapped in bacon. There was plenty of it on nearby train tracks yesterday. My wif watched a train cut a loaded Semi(cattle trailer) in half on monday. No ****, I have a vage pic of the last half of the trailer. Killed 16 head instantly and had to shoot several more.

Have you tried it wrapped in bacon? I think I could eat most anything wrapped in bacon. There was plenty of it on nearby train tracks yesterday. My wif watched a train cut a loaded Semi(cattle trailer) in half on monday. No ****, I have a vage pic of the last half of the trailer. Killed 16 head instantly and had to shoot several more.

and i certainly hope you were over there asap to get what you could, or wouldnt they let you??? seems the peta people are getting involved wayyyyy tooooo much in the live animal markets-----------:censored::censored:

Latest posts

Back