Meat and seafood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGPT

Troll. Pronouns “He” and “Him”
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
So not sure if it’s international, but here we have a common dish known as Beef and Reef, or a Surf and Turf. It’s usually a steak served topped with a few prawns / shrimps, often with a cheese sauce of some kind.

The key here is the name. Some clever play on words that combines the red meat, and the seafood.

Here is a starting point, add your suggestions and I’ll update the list.

Beef and Reef
Surf and Turf
Whale and Tail
Horn and Prawn
Bones and Blood
Skins and Fins

Is this a lobster?

1654602953407.jpeg

2nd picture is the lobsters around here, first picture is a pacific or Caribbean lobster I think. Both are saltwater

today we went to the grocery store. shopping. in the seafood center (flagship store/one of best seafood centers in Gulf area) there were some imported lobster tails for $57.99 each! and not to mention them all, but there were some nice aged strips over in the meat center counter (again, top of line stuff) about about 2-2 1/2#s... $28.95/# ! not quite 4-fingers, but pushing 3 for sure!!

Caribbean Lobster tails...
1655188596491.png

:laughing: right out of Maine waters, i can tell..... :popcorn2:

Gulf Coast Lobster... 20-26 count to the #

View attachment 995570
We’d call these “prawns”.

It seems “lobster” is not a reliable thing to go and order...you never quite know what might turn up. It will be some kind of crustacean, but other than that?

We have these “bugs” too, but something about the look of em puts me off.

3F2BB62B-EF92-48BF-B22E-6B1722C51EE4.jpeg

Wow, that is a decent feed. You just boil ‘em, crack ‘em, and eat ‘em? Or do you dip in garlic butter or other sauces?

One or two of those looks like a meal for one, you must be feeding a crowd there, looks like 15 or 20 lobsters.
There was about 30 lobsters, we dip them in garlic butter, and regular salter butter. There were 6 people there for our annual mothers day lobster feed.

We’d call these “prawns”.

It seems “lobster” is not a reliable thing to go and order...you never quite know what might turn up. It will be some kind of crustacean, but other than that?

We have these “bugs” too, but something about the look of em puts me off.

View attachment 995573
hi MB - just a j/k'r...... :laugh:

u see... VF posted up some soft shell crabs as lobsters. :rolleyes: blue or soft, ? not sure... being on E coast. so, i jumped in on the wagon and posted up some Gulf lobsters... lol.

actually, they are prawns to us, too! really good fresh off the shrimp boats!~ i do like them. have the boil, too. but these days i just buy a ready cooked bag at Sam's... good enuff for my needs!

1655216273164.png

View attachment 995577
Steamed eastern lobsters! Haha
nice bushel full! i have hand picked Dungeness out of the holds off Alaskan fishing boats when up there. we got three. b.i.g.! cooked them and enjoyed. being from the Pac NW... i am akin to the ways to clean/eat them... and get all of the meat. even if it is a bit of a pita to dig it all out. claws, pce a cake!!

fresh Dungeness :numberone:

ideal for crab louies....

1655216547291.png

Back