metal cuffs for spurs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juliano

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I ordered a pair of steel klein climbing spurs, no matter how you adjust them or what boots you wear the fabric and leather designed to hold the shaft straight and in place is not sufficiently rigid or strong enough to hold the spur shaft parrallel with the leg resulting in the shaft arching , its painful, icant really use them. ive tried pretty much all types of spurs, for some reason i really dont care for the geckos.

One company i used to work for had the same shafts and spurs except the cuffs were aluminum and the steel shafts slid nicely into a slot in the aluminum. the inside of the aluminum cuffs had black foam on them, the name of the manufacturer, i cannot recall. These spurs were fun to climb in and they worked awesome, since or before I have not used a pair of spurs that did not hurt my legs.

If anyone knows where I can buy these cuffs please let me know

You mean these

OAP1.jpg

http://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=70&item=1582

Most of the sponsors above will carry them. There may be a different fit for Kliens so you may want to order over the phone

Those are nicknamed "Cadillac Pads" since they're the one of the best pads out there for the top of your spurs.

As it happens, I picked up a pair of these last week. They will be the last pads I ever buy. They should have been the first.

opsal steel

try getting in touch with opsal steel. they fabricate them ans supply retailers across north america....might be cheaper through them. ask for Kris, he is a buddy of mine.

Sean.
Burley Boys Tree Service

Latest posts

Back